Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin menehunes at Buster's beachhouse

Pages: 1 18 replies

TM

This sunday, 4-7 at Buster's beachhouse in long beach (Los alamitos harbour) Palika and the smoking menehunes will be playing our own special brand of Hapa-haole jams. it's a cool bar, with a nice view of the harbor. You never know who might show up to jam with us!!

I may show up, but I won't jam.

I'll be there fo sho!!!!

I'm gonna stop by after,

I go to the Surfing Museum in Huntington Beach for the first surf band "The Relics" of the summer season.
The Surfing Museum has surf bands play in the Parking lot, every Sun from 1 pm to 3 pm. Till October 25th.
it's Free and many chairs and sun shade provided.

I'll post the entire schedulle of bands as a seperate thread when it's finalized.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

R

I'm gonna be there kickin it old school.

Utopiandreem & I will be down to see ya!

TBird.

TM

Cool! I hope to see you all there! But don't forget to set your clock ahead!!

C

All ages?

Little Tikis?

21 and over?

Thanks,
Cyntiki

That will be a blast!!! You can kick back in some comfortable chairs or sit a table made from a surf board while looking out over the bay and watch the band at the same time!!! The stage and sound are good in there! (All indoors in case the weather is not cooperating!) For those who haven't been there, it's on the East Side of Long Beach....NOT the downtown area. PCH and 2nd/Westminster Ave are the major cross-streets. Marina Drive is 300 feet west of that intersection and has a light of it's own......follow Marina Drive to the end and straight across to the parking lot. There are 2 or 3 good restaurants along Marina Drive. Sorry we have to miss it! Hopefully they'll play there again!!!

On 2006-03-31 13:12, cyntiki wrote:
All ages?

Little Tikis?

21 and over?

Thanks,
Cyntiki

It's family friendly...may be a little loud for the younger ones....They serve food in the bar area....there are tables around the bar....The kids will love looking out at the boats, birds, and water.

TM

Shameless morning bump!

A
Al-ii posted on Sun, Apr 2, 2006 11:35 AM

In,
Mahalo,
Al

TM

Hey Al! It will be nice to see ya!

If anyone needs directions it is basically:

22 fwy towards long beach.

Exit Studebaker

Right on 2nd st.

left on Marina drive.

address is 168 N. marina dr, long beach.
Buster's beachouse
(562) 598-9431

In Los Alamitos harbor.

TM

We had a great time playing last night, and it was so cool to see so many familiar faces!

Getting to play with Bill Tapia was a rare priviledge for us. That man is just amazing. 98 years old and he never misses a note. Totally incredible! If anyone took any pictures, please post them!!

TB

Had a great time seeing the new Smokin menehunes at Buster's beachhouse, they sounded great, an extra treat to see Bill Tapia as well. Fantastic TC turn out!

TBird.

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Apr 3, 2006 1:17 PM

Great new lineup on the Menahunes, fantastic show. Bill tapia was great.
good seeing all the TCers.
Mahalo,
Al

Had a short good time at BBH yesterday, Band sounded great
Man that new guy, Sorry don't know his name has a velvet smooth voice.
Just bummed I had to leave, to go to another event in Newport that started at
6 pm.
Sorry I had to leave and not say goodbye Bong, and to (Marie the Bartender)
Great Zombie by the way.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

The new and improved Somkin Menehunes are great!!!! To see Bill Tapia play was incredible and a real treat. It was alot of fun to see so many of our friends at Busters too!!! Marie had a great drink selection and she did a awesome job mixing them too!!! It was a fun day!!!

TM

On 2006-04-03 18:13, bigtikidude wrote:
Had a short good time at BBH yesterday, Band sounded great
Man that new guy, Sorry don't know his name has a velvet smooth voice.
Just bummed I had to leave, to go to another event in Newport that started at
6 pm.
Sorry I had to leave and not say goodbye Bong, and to (Marie the Bartender)
Great Zombie by the way.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks Bro! The singer is Palika Pat Enos! A native Hawaiian who claims he does not speak Hawaiian (but really does!!)

Pages: 1 18 replies