Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Creepiest Figurines, ever.

Pages: 1 5 replies

D

i was very excited to find an Estate sale "High End Mid-Century Modern Mercer Island Home. The sale features lucite, chrome & mirrored glass furniture &
sculptures"

oh my god, here's a sculpture!! what the hell are those boy-nymphs doing??

but there is other cool stuff, like a round bed..

wonder if this is the way Neverland is decorated...

here's the rest of the snazzy stuff, maybe i'll go sunday when everythings half off

estate sale and more stuff

I

Weren't those the boys who traveled to Nevermore, and then were somehow transorfmed into dog-playing poker players, and thus immortalized on black velvet paintings all over the world?

Vern

No. THose were the boys who were "saved" by becoming card playing Tikis!!!

Sweet Jezzus, those are the cutest Lost Boys ever! What's with the one on the right with no pupils? Brrrrrrrr gives me shivers... and that Coke head-Chic disco-furniture...OMG! I can almost see the ghosts of Steve Rubell, John Holmes and Rahad Jackson snorting rails with a rolled hundred directly form the mirrored coffee table. I'd love to see a clear pic of the elevated white leather bar.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-03-31 07:51 ]

D

i went to the sale today, alas, the figurine was sold yesterday, at full price.. 900 bucks. holycrap, that's more expensive than the round bed (850) which i didnt buy.

awesome home, with a sunken bar. built in 1958, all the furnishings are from the 70's. pretty swank. the house will be on the market, in the high 800K range

i did find a TV coconut with outstanding markings.. and a set of 6 OMC mugs.. i'll post later.. yay, half price Sunday..

$850!!! holy crap!!! There was a round bed at a thrift here in Vallejo a few years ago which a certain TC member did NOT buy, to his everlasting sorrow...it was, like, sixty bucks or something. I of course was all "but where would you find sheets?!?" Answer is of course "who CARES you dingbat it's a ROUND BED!!!" :lol:

Pages: 1 5 replies