Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Tuesday? NYC / SI Jade Island Apr 4th

Pages: 1 6 replies

So its not NYC but sorta close -if you have a car. the ferry bus route is not recommended.

We are hoping to meet up at Jade Island on Tuesday April 4th at around 8pm. I wil be driving from Times square and others wil lbe coming from NJ and BK.

That said let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

Its located in a mall on staten Island 4235 Richmond ave

thanks

hey si is still nyc!
i'll try to make it out.
tc

You are correct - I should have typed its not Manhattan instead of NYC.

Hope to see ya there.

We are still on For about 8pm Tuesday 4.04.06 at Jade Island. I'll probablly be the only one wearing shorts in there so if you see me come by and join us. We are planning on eating and of course drinking!

Pictures to come soon!

Thanks

TC

hate to do this.
can't make it.
trying to move overseas is hell on one's social agenda.
sorry,
chris

What can I say except GO THERE! Yes its similar to Chans in NJ, but having been to both I choose Jade Island - even though its not that easy to get to, but also not so bad a drive. We had an excellent experience there, the drinks kicked ass and the food was great. I will be posting LOTS of pics soon but to sum it up:
JOHNNY - worker / manger rocks!!! not only did he buy us a round of drinks on the house, but he let us buy NEW mugs and broke out some OLD school mugs - mostly Orchids but still New Old Stock stuff - wrapped em up and Gave us the REAL house menu to walk with!!!! We went on a Tuesday Night and it was slow except for the people doing pick up orders, so I think that helped. But we asked to be able to take pictures and that opened the door to fun and Ohana that still exists. One note the Mapquest directions are little confusing and until Nov 2006 the Gothels bridge from NJ to Staten Island is closed after 9:30pm Mon - Thursday - so keep that in mind. It is in the same mall (for the past 34 years) and there is a Pathmark and Kmart in there too. The road off of Richmond ave is Independence to pull into the parking lot coming down Richmond Ave. - (after you get off Victory to Richmond).
Pics coming soon - Humma if want them for any of your sites you are welcome to them!

Ok heres some pictures from Jade Island:
The front

closer front bar emtrance on left resturant on right

front fountain

buddah

DRINKS!

chestiki Zombie & pineapple

dr.frankentiki and chestiki

drinks on the house!!!! - HOUSE SPECIAL very good choice and free!

drink menu page 1

drink menu page 2

menu cover JADE ISLAND we were givin one of these - no stealing

mug choices we bought a few - you'll see

bought these: mostly orchids but NOS brown guys OLD style with hand written bottoms

tikis and masks

some lights ect..

fountain w/flash

food
![](http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/
47b6da24b3127cce8867d8bc12a800000016102BbNHDFqxYy)
Hawaii 3-0

the room

the bar area

mainroom 2

Dr frankentiki and chestiki eye the booty

the booth we claimed

theres mugs in those bags! THUMBS UP!

Believe it or not theres a few more!!! - This should eventually be moved in to Locating tiki - not sure how to do that.
My advice go there - The Tiki Road Trip book does not do it justice - But the Book itself is great!
Let me know what ya think!!!!!
Thanks

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2006-04-11 18:27 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies