Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond Sneaky Art;More new (old) pix

Pages: 1 19 replies

Here is an image I did this winter consisting of acrylic paintings, monoprints and photoshop/illustrator images I created.

"W"

Thx for looking.

edited to fix image.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-18 07:14 ]

Anybody know how to make a bigger/more detailed image from shutterfly to post here? I'm on a Mac, if that makes a difference..

Thanks for your help.

More art to come.

K
kctiki posted on Tue, Apr 4, 2006 4:39 AM

I can just see that W artwork on a "Mother Jones" magazine cover.

On another note, have you tried using the edit features of shutterfly to make the pictures larger? It might work - I'm not sure.

KC, howzit bruddah?

I checked out Mother Jones online, thx for the info. Hadn't heard of it.

About the pix, I did edit in Shutterfly and got this pic. a bit bigger. I just wanted clarity if I put a pic. on here and someone wants to enlarge it to see it better, when I tried it was crummy even tho I saved it really detailed/hi-resolution, ppi etc..

Thanks for looking.
ST

Tribal sneaky (BAM)

Bone, horn, elk skin, cow hide, shells, mother of pearl, deer skin, glass beads: Breastplate

Some Gestural charcoal drawings;American horse, Lakota

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-05 19:37 ]

Chief Joseph, Nez perce

Freeform hollow log drum, Celtic and Native American/Polynesian influenced painting on drum head.

Iyotanka Tatanka;Buffalo at rest;Sitting Bull, Lakota

Hollow log drum, elkskin, rawhide, paint, bear design by BAM/sneaky based loosely on various Pac. coast N. Amer. art

Quanah Parker, Comanchee, brought back peyote from mexican indians starting Native American Church/ Peyote practice in N. Am.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-05 21:37 ]

Sum of my old skool, skate punk dayz pen an' ink, don't laff, strictly self trained artist back then..

Jessie James

Quick sketch in Charcoal

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-05 21:38 ]

This is a painting that will be going on the Boise Weekly newspaper cover. It's the local independent music/art/newspaper. It will be my first published piece. I painted it with a few other pieces last Dec. trying to get a feel for acrylics. I'll post photos of the cover next week but until then here's a pic. of the painting.

Thanks for looking and all your encouragement and criticisms,

ST

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2006-04-09 09:25 ]

Here is some more tribal sneaky, this is called "Americas Totem".it is an amalgamation of different syles of figurative representation from the American continents, even before I was into tiki, I guess I liked the whole tribal variations on a figurative theme.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-11 16:27 ]

Here is another BAM pen and ink, Dr. Seuss tie, fedora wearing, alien hepster.

The above was from back in '91 or so also. I called it "Death Sun". The sign on the bear in go go boots sez "ACME We Don't Care Bear". This was after the first round of care bearzzz. A few years later Soundgarden came out with "Black Hole Sun". Now whenever I see this sketch I hear that song in my head...

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-11 16:32 ]

#2 pencil sketch of very old arab castle from when I was in the gulf after the 1st gulf war, Bahrain.

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2006-04-11 06:26 ]

Bin lade' en' the mouth too!!

I hope this happens soon, the prisoners are so hone-eeeeee fo' U Osama.

This is called "Lust", it is a very old drawing that I am messing with digitally, it's still in progress.

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2006-04-11 16:26 ]

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-12 15:00 ]

here is "Soupy" from a couplah years back, I need to crop these better..

Here is a mid 90's drawing I'm playing with in photoshop.

More tribal BAM/sneaky from 1992, cropped off again.. "The Quiet Land"

Another drawing from 15 years back, Damn, time flies...

another old drawing from 199...

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-09-04 15:30 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies