Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking For Mug From Trade Winds Oxnard, Ca

Pages: 1 13 replies

B

Aloha.....if anyone has a mug from the Trade Winds in Oxnard, Ca for sale (or trade) please let me know. Mahalo........Bongofury

Here's one on e-bay (not my auction)

RR

I think that is a different Tradewinds.

P

i think the one he's looking for is a 3 face bucket with "trade winds" printed on it.

L

On 2006-04-04 09:52, bongofury wrote:
Aloha.....if anyone has a mug from the Trade Winds in Oxnard, Ca for sale (or trade) please let me know. Mahalo........Bongofury

Which design do you want? or just any one of the different tiki mugs from the Oxn. tradewinds? had many.

[ Edited by: lanikai 2006-04-04 15:13 ]

Trade Winds in Oxnard, Ca is what I think he is looking for......local closed establishment and all.......of course if multiples are floating around I wouldn't mind one either

DZ

I had an extra one of these at one point - didn't I trade it to you, BF?

B

The bucket mug is the only one I am aware of and thanks for the pic Z. We traded for the Lattitude 20 rum barrel. In all the years of searching the local thrifts I have not found one
mug. Would be nice to have a mug from one of the only Tiki joints in the county. I am hopeful
that a fellow TCer can help me out. I have some groovy swag to trade or cash is still king.
Some Frankoma from that "other" Tradewinds in OK would be swell, but that'll go for the big
green. Thanks all.

D

mine's a bit different, more words!

theres a glaze drip, as you can see. and a little void in the ceramic.. but if you'd like to trade.. drop me a line.

ya know, i found this last year, and there were a couple of them on the shelf..but i figured they were "just" 3 face mugs..

elicia

Big giant Mahalos to Dogbytes for the groovy mug and Puamana for sending me the menu last year. Seattle rules! I promise to visit Washington before I reach retirement.

Aloha all, I hope I’m not posting this in the wrong place, after looking at this thread a while back and reading Bongofury’s comment; “The bucket mug is the only one I am aware of”, I thought I’d share some photos of two Tradewinds mugs.

The first is the regular Maori style.
But the second one is obviously their own restaurant ware, there is probably an entire dinner set (that went with the coffee mug) floating around out there some aunts garage or attic.

Bosko

Thanks for posting those, Bosko!

I wasn't aware either of those existed either. I think you just kicked Bongofury into high "garage-sale" gear in his neighborhood for weeks to come.

Sabu

Thanks Bosko! That cup is the ginchiest! Sabu.....my eyes will be extra wide open. Still no mugs locally (although I heard RobRoy has had some luck), but we did find a sugar bowl from Steve Crane's Kon Tiki for a buck and had some good finds in L.A. a couple weeks ago.

RR

On 2006-04-26 08:09, bongofury wrote:
Thanks Bosko! That cup is the ginchiest! Sabu.....my eyes will be extra wide open. Still no mugs locally (although I heard RobRoy has had some luck), but we did find a sugar bowl from Steve Crane's Kon Tiki for a buck and had some good finds in L.A. a couple weeks ago.

I wish. I was just wondering if at one point in time when the Trade Winds changed it's name to the Warehouse like the one in Marina Del Rey. I find a lot of those Warehouse Barrel mugs around here. Nothing maked Trade Winds.

Pages: 1 13 replies