Tiki Central / Other Events

West Coast Tiki Revival - Thursday, April 6

Pages: 1 4 replies

P
pablus posted on Tue, Apr 4, 2006 8:00 PM

West coast of Florida that is.

The Lagoon Lounge has a rare treat:
Finkdaddy is visiting from Wisconsin.

The DeMichaels of Exotica-I fame will be here.

We've got food and drink and music galore and friends visiting from 5 different states.

The most important part: Crazed Mugs and Haole Kats jamming into the night.

Plus I'll be featuring my spiffy new TIki ToNy tiki.

See - we do our parties on Thursdays so that we can have a weekend not filled with regret.

It starts around 4pm.
See you there if you can make it.

H

Dangit! I got all excited with ideas of pablus in California. Ah, well. Have a great time, guys!

M
Moki posted on Tue, Apr 4, 2006 9:39 PM

Pablus that was just plain mean!! I was really excited that I might finally get to see you in California. Crap!!!

P
pablus posted on Wed, Apr 5, 2006 5:17 AM

It's nice to be loved. :wink:

I've been trying like mad to get a gig there and it's all still "yeah, we're gonna do that" with no solid dates.
I even wanted to go to Oasis this year but will still be traveling.
AND I had a chance to play the NYC ukefest and it's the same week.

Crumbs.

But the Tampa Tribe will raise a mug to the ohana tomorrow night and try to get some snaps of the evening.

Maybe record a song or two.

Aloha!

Pablus,
We really wish we could make it. Marian, Michael and I had a fabulous time last month hanging at the Lagoon Lounge with you, Koka Nut and half of the relocated-to-Florida population of Ohio. You are a fantastic cook as well as a master mixologist. When you add to this the jungle landscape that surrounds your place and a few uke tunes, it is a transforming experience. Building on what Michael said when jamming on the drum with you, "Keep playing that funky Hawaiian music white boy!"
KG

Pages: 1 4 replies