Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tiki beat carves live on stage, sydney!

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

On the pacific ocean's largest island, Australia, comes a tiki event like no other. The TIKI TABOO, at SUGARTIME cabaret club 34b Oxford Street, Darlinghurst SYDNEY on 5th MAY is a unique event showcasing polynesian burlesque. Indeed, the likes of Sydney's own BELLADONNAS DE LUX will perform as will THE ALABASTAR GIRLS. All this plus much more in the plush surrounds of a 1940s cabaret club. Special guests on the night will be Australia's leading tiki carver MARCUS THORNE from TIKI BEAT (Brisbane) who SUGARTIME are flying down for the event. He will be doing a live tiki carving out of Aussie coco-palm on stage, joined by the son of Australia's famous velvet painter BARON VON WEIRDO who will be jetting down from Tweed Heads to paint a portrait of a live POLYNESIAN MODEL on stage. Yes, its true! Interior design will be provided by BRIAN P the man behind the BDO backstage area decor 2006. And on the decks THE TIKI TWO, a DJ duo who rocked London with their remix of Ella Fitzgerald's CARAVAN in 2004 will be provide up-tempo dance-friendly exotica from their collections of rare polynesian-inspired vinyl. SUGARTIME's TIKI TABOO is set to be Australia's first major tiki event and not to be missed. For more information write to [email protected] or [email protected]. 5th MAY 2006 Sugartime does TIKI TABOO 9pm. 34 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst. Polynesian dress essential.

[ Edited by: mr.maitai 2006-04-05 03:41 ]

[ Edited by: mr.maitai 2006-04-06 18:25 ]

[ Edited by: mr.maitai 2006-04-10 05:30 ]

More acts just confirmed:
Baron von Weirdo (son of Pearc Miller, Australia's leading velvet painter 1940s-1970s), Amelia burlesquer from Melbourne and live music by Torchy! More to come... Why not visit Australia for this one?

AND MORE:
See PACIFICA SWAY join MARCUS of TIKI BEAT on stage carving live for your pleasure! This palm-wood tiki will be auctioned off at the end of the night, so be ready to raise that hand for a TIKI BEAT masterpiece!

Have tools at the ready - see you all next week! Bring your dough though cause I might bid on this one myself! hehehe

H

I heard a rumour a rather famous tiki artist from overseas might be in attendance...

Pages: 1 4 replies