Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

You'll be licking your chops too (Tiki Planters)

Pages: 1 26 replies

E

I was searching for solar tiki torches in the Garden Center of a Fred Meyer store and came across a woman hunched over a tiki. My eyes grew big and my first thought was "oh noooo...there's only one and she has it!" (panic!)

Then I realized that she worked there and was pricing it to go on sale (glee!). She said that they were a promo item and that they only had three of them. I searched them all down and couldn't decide which finish I liked better (natural stone or darker) so ended up getting both.

I got mine at the Fred Meyer in Tumwater, WA (next to the Costco for you locals) so hopefully you can find some if they interest you at one of the other stores.

Edited to add that large size tikis (shown) are 21"

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2006-04-04 22:37 ]

D

well dammit, now i have to go shopping.. again. how much of my allowance do i have to spend for one of those moai?

H

Nice find Exoticat, and a heck of a view from that woodsy porch too! I've never heard of that Seattle store but just stumbled on some moai and mainland style tiki planters at Ralphs grocery store of all places. Any so-cal chop lickers could plop one in their cart next to the bag of chips but they're not nearly as fine as the well rendered moais you've got up in Washington. Good shopping!

B

Hey I want one!

I wonder who might have those in the Bay Area....

Nice score Exoticat, Just in time for spring too! I want one for my new my hut too. Unfortunately, I have never heard of Fred Myers stores and a search on their site show nothing anywhere near the Bay Area. Is there a manufacturer name on them?

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

E

The tag says "Joy of Gardening" tm...

Retail price is 44.99 current sale price is 35.99 (until April 8th--where I got them). Smaller sized one was on sale for 27.99.

SKU 85302747

Easter Island Planter (L) 21" IE00202

The SKU on the store tag is different than on the manufacturer's tag. Store tag: 1 GCR 80302742 then 0004122681895

It also says when I google that:

Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger operates supermarkets under the banners Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, Smith's, King Soopers, Dillon, Fry's

So maybe one of those would carry them?? Worth a try...Fred Meyer is definitely in WA and OR, but beyond that I'm not sure.

H

On 2006-04-05 13:25, Tiki tiki temble wrote:
Aloha tiki fanatics-

I just put my piece ( gi'clee print ) on ebay 5 days ago and there's only 2 days left. This painting is one of a kind the colors are rich and w/ the right lighting on it makes the painting warm and inviting. So check it out it's under "Hawaiian tiki painting" the title is called " 3 Tikis " Mahaloz and take care.

What the....???

What do the ones at Ralphs look like? Any details?

Thanks

Erich

T

I Googled Joy of Gardening & ended up at the main page for Fred Meyer they have a request it now feature so I used the information provided about the product and requested it. Fred Meyer

Got an instant response so it's worth a try:

Thank you for your Request! This email is to confirm your request
submitted via our website. We're researching your request and will reply
back to you shortly. Our team typically responds within 10 business days.

Fred Meyer Special Order is a new service to provide you access to a
warehouse of Hard-to-Find SPECIALTY FOOD & HOUSEHOLD CARE GOODS that
aren't available in our neighborhood stores for possible purchase online
and shipment to your home.

these were sold at Menard's hardware stores in the midwest about 8 years ago!! they were originally designed for placing a mirror ball(like the old 40's and 50's ones) upon it's head and then placed in the garden for reflection........been a long time since i've seen these....I made some lamps out of them as well...but the heads cost $24.99 back then......they must have gone up in price alot!!

T

Exoticat - you live on a lake???? Nice.

Not as cool as Exoticat's find, but I found this by accident in a search.
And goes under the "Duh" file.
Fast and Fabulous Tiki Planters

E

Tipsy...

I have a gazing ball out in the storage garage that I'm trying to find..I'm going to see if that works when I unearth it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tangaroa...I photoshopped that water in for a better photo. :)

Just kidding. I live on an island which is so much more exciting than a lake. Not only do I live on a fault line (who knows when a little tremor will go off) but I live in a Tsuanmi Zone. Ok, so that's VERY unlikely, but I DID miss a party at Tiki Rivieras because a huge storm came through the Puget Sound and took out piers and decks and knocked down trees and the clincher...knocked my power out all day. I do have a double sized airbed if I get stuck here and can't get off the island, but frankly, I don't know if it floats. I just hope it works for stargazing. The good thing about visiting me here: if the big one hits along with a giant tidal wave, any guests would at least go down with a tiki mug and drink in their hand.

Unga Bunga you found my secret Pussycat Magazine page! I hope you read my sex tips while you were there. :wink:

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2006-04-06 21:51 ]

On 2006-04-06 21:50, Exoticat wrote:
Unga Bunga you found my secret Pussycat Magazine page! I hope you read my sex tips while you were there. :wink:

Yes I have....On that same note, what are you doing tonite? :)

E

I'm apparently wasting the night away waiting for midnight to hit so I can get some tiki drummers. Eight minutes left, no time for us...timing is everything they say! :wink:

12:00!
Now what are you doing?

Goodnite Unga!

E

Now I'm just frustrated because (edited out)

[ Edited by: exoticat 2006-04-07 13:22 ]

Yesterday I stopped at the Fred Meyer in Burien but they didn't
have any.

D

sorry, i shoulda told Seattlites, that Burien was out.. i did find (and bought all 4) the Moai from the store in Mill Creek. Bothell has none, and there are 2 at the Freddies on 15th Ave NW.

Tiki-Rivieria, i bought you a large dark easter island head.

so i have one large light-colored Moai for any of you Jet City Mucky Mucks who want it.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Apr 9, 2006 2:31 AM

On 2006-04-04 22:30, Exoticat wrote:
I searched them all down and couldn't decide which finish I liked better (natural stone or darker) so ended up getting both.

Haha - spoken like a true tiki nut :)

D

looks like the Moai Maffia used my trunk to transport dead bodies

E

Way to score, Dogbytes!! Hmmm I do seem to recall that you do have some Italian connections. You're lucky you didn't have to try to get those across the Canadian border because I know for the fact that Rodeo has been slacking on finishing the new underground tunnel.

Hey Dogbytes,

Thanks for picking up a Moai for me! Did you attend the Leilani lanes auction?

U

Wow, I've been looking for these ever since my friend's dad bought them at Menards a few years ago. Anyone know where I might find them in the Charleston, SC area or on the internet?

This is the closest I've been able to find, but I'd like to get the big ones.

http://www.offthedeepend.com/c-87-island-decor.aspx?pagenum=2 (down the page a bit)

[ Edited by: uberdude 2006-07-19 07:19 ]

[ Edited by: The Tiki Shop 2008-04-14 18:39 ]

I have a line of tiki planters as well. check them out at http://www.thetikishop.com

Here are some more tiki planters:

Pirate Tiki (kinda looks like bamboo Ben)

Skull Planter

Pages: 1 26 replies