Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

[obsolete past event; deleted]

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

[ Edited by tikibars on 2023-06-18 14:42:27 ]

[ Edited by tikibars on 2023-06-18 14:43:41 ]

For Hotel/Motels, Brooklyn's cheaper than Manhattan, Staten Island's cheaper than Brooklyn, and Jersey's cheaper than Staten Island.

T

[ Edited by tikibars on 2023-06-18 14:42:55 ]

C
c10 posted on Fri, Apr 7, 2006 4:20 PM

We stumbled onto a Wisconsin/northwoods style bar in Manhattan when we were there last August, somewhere around E. 38th street on the south side of the street, near one of the ferry ports. A young Polish woman was tending bar, and they give out wooden nickels. More 'what's this doing HERE?' than 'must-see', but fun anyway.

Hey, if i was still around, i'd love to say "aloha!" but alas my home is in sin city now.

but, here are a few ideas, dont forget to visit Waikiki Wallys on the lower east side and Zombie Hut in Brooklyn. if you can leave the city and afford a long distance cab ride, chan's dragon inn is a must.

Non-tiki fun, you must go to Mc Sorleys in the east village(not far from Wally's)one of the oldest and coolest places on the planet. there is a great new speakeasy style bar called "little branch" in the west village &th ave and barrow) that has great cocktails.

For a classic 50's moderne new york urbane bar experience you must have a martini at the "four Seasons" not the hotel, but the restaurant in the seagrams bldg on park ave. don't wear jeans, and you may need a jacket, but it's like living in "How to succeed in business without really trying" with Robert Morse. I miss this place the most............

have a great time and give my regards to ol' broadway!

T

[ Edited by tikibars on 2023-06-18 14:43:10 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies