Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Kona

Pages: 1 8 replies

Any cool tiki bars in Kona yet???

...Or Kauai???

Don The Beachcomber in Kona (meeting my brother and his wife there later this month)

Tahiti Nui in Hanalei-if I remember right the table tops were carved, Onatiki said they were covered with tablecloths when he was there......lift a skirt and take a peek.

Tahiti Nui was the highlight of our trip to Kauai - the quality of the mixology was VERY impressive and the welcoming was so warm. Love it, love it.

Ben, could you check on whether the Tiki-decorated Luau from Lilo & Stitch, or the Tiki-decorated Hotel Patio from Stitch, the Movie (not Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch), really exist on Kauai? The Luau had a series of palm thatched open sided buildings with Tiki carved support poles, and the Hotel Patio had a series of tiki poles supporting a logia-type structure with paper lanterns hanging from it.

Thank you.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-04-13 12:51 ]

T

My wife and I celebrated our 13th year wedding anniversary last month at The Big Island and found some great bars but none of them were tiki oriented. However, Kona is home of Kona Brewing Company and is next to a great tattoo parlor- if that’s your thing http://www.bigislandtattoo.com/. We both got tiki tattoos then celebrated are new ink at the brewing company. If you are interested I can send you photos as well as many places to visit.

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

A

Tiki post at the Don the Beachcomber restaurant at the Royal Kona Resort...

Is tiki located at places in addition to these?

Ahuena Heiau, at the King Kamehameha Beach Resort

Don the Beachcomber, Royal Kona Resort

Hilo Hawaiian

Kona Village Resort

Place of Refuge http://www.nps.gov/puho/

Tropical Dreams, Hawi

Uncle Billy's

Volcano House

[ Edited by: christiki295 2006-09-10 01:32 ]

On 2006-04-12 18:35, bongofury wrote:
Don The Beachcomber in Kona (meeting my brother and his wife there later this month)

Tahiti Nui in Hanalei-if I remember right the table tops were carved, Onatiki said they were covered with tablecloths when he was there......lift a skirt and take a peek.

Will do.

Pages: 1 8 replies