Hey all,
This just in...Tiki Magazine #4 Release Party Sat April 8th 7pm-12am at:

A Stuart Gallery
17946 Ventura Blvd.
Encino, CA 91316
(818)609-1772
http://www.astuartgallery.com

H

I will try for sure this time, thanks for the info.

T

Damn , I just found out about the release party and Im working Saturday. I want to attend so I can see the layout of my Tiki show in L.A. last September"Treasures of Polynesia ".Hope I can get there on time . If not, I will definitly be vending at Tiki Oasis for the 4th year . Aloha, Tiki-Ray

Details man! How was the party?

I worked all day and drove 2 hours home. Then showered and drove another hour with my wife to attend .We arrived about 8:30 and we just missed Nick from Tiki News.It was a mellow but interesting art show . Paintings of Schwinn's, tiki art , tiki mugs and a abundance of skateboard decks that were creatively painted . I loved every minute of it . Crazy Al was there as well as other artists. I had a chance to meet them and was invited to participate in other shows with them .I had several compliments on the article written on me in the mag as well .I especially enjoyed talking with Christian and his father(the owners of the art gallery).They seemed interested in my tiki's and I might be doing a show with them . Cyndi , my wife talked most of the night about skateboards because she used to work at Pipeline Skatepark in Upland . Overall , I really enjoyed the show, even though I was tired from working a 58 hour week .See ya , Tiki-Ray

Sorry for the late response. We just got home a few days ago. I dragged my dad with me on the drive from the Anaheim to the show and release party. It was awesome to see so much great art in person. Had the honor of meeting Crazy Al , Kirby , Ernie keen, Darktiki, Hiltiki and others who's names I forgotten right now (sorry.

Here is the man himself, Crazy Al signing a copy of the new Tiki magazine for some lucky tourist from Canada.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-04-16 15:18 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies