Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Surfin Sundays 2006-Huntington Beach, Ca

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

I hope to make it to one of these....

April 9-The Neptunes @ the Surf Museum
April 23-Secret Samurai @ the Surf Museum
May 7-Deep Sea, The Fabulous Planktones, TheSurf Kings, TheFlowmasters, & The Surfaris
@ Pier Plaza
May 21-The Torquays @ The Surf Museum
June 4th- The Mauraders, The Boardwalkers, The Detonators, The Insect Surfers, & The Eliminators @ Pier Plaza
June 25-The Pacific Headhunters @ the Surfing Museum
July 9-The Reventlos @ the Surfing Museum
July 23-The Glasgow Tiki Shakers @ the Surfing Museum
August 6-The Fabulous Nomads, Chum, Slacktone, & Outer Wave @ Pier Plaza

Not a complete list and some may change. Nothing better than sitting on the lawn next to the pier on a nice day with free surf music and some TC friends.

Hey BongoFury,
That would be way cool to see ya down there. There are many shows at the Museum also. I will post a list of all the bands playing all summer, in the Tiki Music forum soon. I am one of the Volenteer that helps set up the Chairs ans sun shades for the Museum Parking lot shows. They are alot of fun also, and a much more intimate show, with one band usually playing 2 sets.
ttyl,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here is a link to a calender for Huntington Beach concert series:

Click here to spock

Here is the link to the Surfin' Museum

I have also put all the info in Barefoot Bloggin'

I am going to try and make at least one of these shows this year. It would be cool to hook up with some of you and soak in the reverberations.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2006-04-08 11:28 ]

I am going to try and make at least one of these shows this year. It would be cool to hook up with some of you and soak in the reverberations.
Chongolio

Randy,
I really enjoy the sound of 1 or 2 bands at the Museum better than the Pier.
But.. nothing beats hangin' out sittin on a blanket on the Grass hill for 5 bands.
with your buds. I know that some of the TC Ohana have made some shows in the past years.

couple suggestions, bring booze in well concealled conatainers, HB police are hardasses. My buddy does margaritas in Gatorade bottles.
Instead of paying to park, Park inland a few blocks and walk. I'd rather spend money
on food or drink.
Speaking of food. lots of great places to eat in Downtown HB. From Cheap mexican
across the street from the Surf Museum, to Itallian, to Sea Food.
A bit on the pricey side, but waaaay good is the all you can eat Breakfast Buffet at Dukes on the left side of the pier. 4 years ago it was 18 bucks. But they have everything under the sun. and very good.
Hope to see ya at one or more of the shows.

the real bummer is the first Pier show is the same sunday as the end of the Oasis.
I'm trying to figure out if I'm gonna miss it, or get up at 8 and Jam up to HB from SD??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-04-10 17:06 ]

Lets bump this up since it's almost Summer and there have been some additions to the list of band playing. check the web site for bands/dates.
http://www.surfingmuseum.org/

oh and by the way, the Surfing Museum is small but cool. It has some Hawiian historical shots of surfing. And there are a few tikis inside. it's only a couple dollar donation to get in.
The bands in the parking lot are free.

hope to see some of you down there,
I'm the big longhaired dude, with a Lifegaurd hat on.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-06-09 19:56 ]

B

Hope to see all you TCers this Sunday.......Slacktone and Pollo Del Mar!!!!!!

Aloha

T

Sounds great. We'll try to make it tomorrow.

Pages: 1 6 replies