Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Pablus' Lagoon Lounge tonight (4-6-06)

Pages: 1 8 replies

HK

Had an awesome time with Pablus and Finkdaddy tonight. Even though Kanekila has been nursing a 101 fever for a few days, we still managed to make it to the lagoon tonight for some jammin'...

Raw Tuna Salad, Sabu's Spicy Coconut Chicken Skewers, and Painkiller/Mai Tai/Slack Key were awesome!

Wish ya'll were there!

Josh
www.whollycatsband

K

It was a beautiful night for a session. Glad you all got a chance to gather and enjoy it!!

Karbora

P
pablus posted on Fri, Apr 7, 2006 5:04 AM

Finkdaddy in the house!
An affable young kane to be sure.
He gets the "go ahead and invite him to your house because nothing is missing," seal of approval. :wink:

Clantiki was also here for his first, along with e-Bay magnate, Pernot.

We were missing a few winsome wahines though, and that's just not right.
The Lagoon Lounge has always striven to provide haven for those most beautiful pua.
Lately however, it's been an effort... and a failing one. I invite and they gleefully accept but they do not appear.

It must have been Rusty Key they all loved.

Oh well, we'll try anew in a few months.

Mahalo once again to the addicting Haole Kats. New "old" songs were shared like the snappy "I'm Pau." Check their schedules for performance times building up here in Florida and we're trying to get us and them into several TC approved establishments this summer.

King Kukulele's CD is one of the most perfect addtions to any Lounge and we all recommend with high praise.

EDIT: Josh, you forgot the Navy Grogs. Mmmmmmm.

[ Edited by: pablus 2006-04-07 05:52 ]

F

I had a terrific time at The Lagoon Lounge. Pablus and his beautiful wahine were such wonderful hosts. The food and drink were amazing, I'll be talking about that fish salad for a long time to come! The music, of course, was fabulous. There is not many things cooler than seeing Pass a Smile Along performed live. The Haole Kats are not only three of the finests musicians you will ever meet, but three of the nicest people you will ever find.

Thank you everyone for a wonderful time!

Pablus and the Haole Kats playing "I'm Pau"

The Haole Kats performing "Blue Bassa"
(one of my favorite songs of all time)

P
pablus posted on Sun, Apr 9, 2006 2:56 PM

In that 1st pic above, Josh looks kind of like he's wearing a papal hat made of mugs.

Forgive Me, Josh - For I Played A Bm.

Great to have you there finkdaddy.
Send me some pics if they turned out.

In fact - especially send that one of TiKi tOny's tiki, which is the original template for the Fatutu mug he made.

Pablus,We always attempt to find some sort of headwear for Josh as the Solar reflection from his head has been interfering with the space station experiments as of late. Thanks for a great time,great food,and great people. You and Angela's hospitality is off the planet. Special thanks for the mementos from Rusty Key (means a lot to us)
Fink Daddy, What a treat it was to hang with you for an evening. It had been a long time since Exotica '05' Hope the trip home was peaceful and safe and Thanks for posting the pics. I do see a ukulele in your future. Come back soon and please stay in touch !!!

Mahalo
Aloha
Joe/Haole Kats

Hey Pablus, Is your bar made from giant cypress knees? Would love some more pix! - HodadHank

K

Aloha -- just wanted to finally weigh in here with big Safety Harbor Mahalos to Pablus and Anela Linei for the wonderful hospitality last Thursday night. They treat their guests like royalty, and I'm not kidding. Beautiful food, drink and vibe.

I feel about 98% better than I did a week ago, and I do hope that in my effort to not shake hands with anyone, everyone remains healthy. This was one killer bug I got. Actually, for most of last Tuesday and Wednesday, I was running 102, shivering and sweating simultaneously. It was nasty. By Thursday, I was feeling at least well enough to go jam at the Lagoon, but still feeling funky.

Finkdaddy, it was great to hang out with you, even if just for a little while. I hope your trip back was safe and uneventful. You definitely need to make another trip back down soon. Not sure when Da Kats will be getting up that way again, as there's no Exotica this year. A Wisconsin trip is in the works for Heather and I though, so if we do make it up, we'll give you a holler.

Once again Big Island Mahalos to Pablus and his beautiful wahine for a wonderful time. I'm sure they're sitting in a Paris bistro about the time I'm writing this, just diggin' on some fine, French cuisine.

Here are some more pics I took at the Lagoon Lounge. I know there are more, but I think they aren't on the computer for some reason. I'll have to scan them in soon.
I had such a fun time and I think you're correct Joe, I have a birthday comming up this month and I've heard a rumor that there may be a uke in my future. So Josh, you can start sending me those chord charts now! :wink:

Thanks again Pablus!!

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-06-17 04:48 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies