Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hula Wobblers.

Pages: 1 6 replies

ST

I recently picked up a Hula Girl wobbler in a thrift store (yes, I got down on my knees and thanked the sun god), but I have no idea how old she is or how much she would be worth. What are the things to look for in hula wobblers? She has what looks like a porcelain body, a separate lei made out of some sort of tiny pom pom type material , a raffia skirt and a wooden base with a magnet inlaid. She is playing a uke and is in immaculate condition, although she looks pretty old. her base has 'aloha' written on it, and she has a tiny flower made from fabric in her hair. anyone have any knowledge to impart?

Can you post a picture of it? What may appear to be vintage might actually be a reproduction. Would be hard to tell without seeing it.

ST

Its difficult to post a pic cos its not linked to a website. Is there a way I can post someting thats on my harddrive?

A

SA,
Send the pic to [email protected]. I'll post it for you
Mahalo,
Al

ST

On 2002-12-06 08:11, Alnshely wrote:
SA,
Send the pic to [email protected]. I'll post it for you
Mahalo,
Al

will do Ainshely, thanks.

T

Madam Bong is somewhat of an authority on nodders.

I do know that 'made in Japan'would lend itself to a nodder of value. Also, what the skirt is made from, is it a single nodder or a double/triple nodder.

She picked up an old tiki nodder that trades in the neighborhood of $150 (no shit).

Check out Mark Blackburns' book "Hawaiiana" for some more information on how to value nodders.

A

SA,
Sorry, when I posted my E-mail I accidentally added an extra period. Try

[email protected]

Mahalo,
Al

Pages: 1 6 replies