Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tropical Itch or Hurricane?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Which one of these two similar styled drinks, (Tropical Itch and Hurricane), are most popular, and with whom?

Cheers!

George

On 2006-04-10 04:04, thinkingbartender wrote:
Which one of these two similar styled drinks, (Tropical Itch and Hurricane), are most popular, and with whom?

I don't think they are similar at all. Except for they are served in the same glassware and they both pack a mean punch.

I like the hurricane, and I won't drink Tropical Itch because whiskey does not argree with me (even if I do get a cool free backscratcher as a garnish).

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2006-04-10 19:16 ]

passionfruit laden with booze. pretty similar boiling down of what they are.

K

Eh, never mind.

[ Edited by: KuKuAhu 2006-04-12 06:03 ]

H

On 2006-04-12 06:02, KuKuAhu wrote:
Eh, never mind.

C'mon KuKu, out with it...

K

On 2006-04-12 07:24, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2006-04-12 06:02, KuKuAhu wrote:
Eh, never mind.

C'mon KuKu, out with it...

Ah... I was just gonna post some long winded yammer about how they are two very different drinks that share a couple of ingredients. I did a review of them both, and then declared the Hurricane my favorite.

Then I realized how apples to oranges it all is and decided to skip it.

Ahu

Apples and oranges indeed. I suppose some people might try to say that half of the drinks in the Grog Log are similar because they contain lime juice and booze.

K

True. It is the subtle flavors that make them unique. Anybody can mix lime and sugar and rum.. but it takes talent to incorporate cloves and papaya and such without making a murky mug of sludge.

Hell, I still make plenty of sludge myself, and I practice a lot.

Ahu

Pages: 1 7 replies