Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Need help with quote from The Fat Spy

Pages: 1 2 replies

M

I'm trying to figure out a line of dialog from the movie "The Fat Spy" (1966) in order to put it on IMDb (the big online movie database). Since it seems to deal with the South Pacific, maybe somebody here would recognize what term the lady is using, or if it's just nonsense.

The "i" has an "ee" sound.
Bida Dew? Bida Doo? Bidadu? Bid Adu? Beedadoo?

Camille: In the crystal shimmer of Bida Dew,
our blood dancing to a pagan beat,
surging wild with the rhythm of love, in the fountain of youth, wading in the waters of time...

Herman: Actually in the water?

Camille: Herman, if it's good enough to drink...

P

I have the movie on dvd but I don't remember that quote. Perhaps it is refering to the name of the island? Well, I'll see if I can find it and put it on and maybe I can figure out what it is.

M

On 2006-04-11 01:19, PiPhiRho wrote:
I have the movie on dvd but I don't remember that quote. Perhaps it is refering to the name of the island? Well, I'll see if I can find it and put it on and maybe I can figure out what it is.

Thanks. I hope you don't go to a lot of trouble. Most people hate the movie, and that quote is more than 1/2 way through. It doesn't refer to the Florida island in the film, I don't think. I think it's a theoretical reference to an island paradise somewhere, something along the lines of Bali Hai, Bora Bora, or Tahiti. My guess is it's fictional, since I've heard of all the famous South Pacific islands, including a lot of obscure ones. But there's also a Sikh in the movie, so maybe it's a place around the Indian Ocean that I'm not familiar with.

Pages: 1 2 replies