Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Preview of all new 2003 Mugs & Shots

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

Hi,

I've provided a link below to a sneak preview of some of our 2003 mugs & shots. Sorry to be a bit self-serving but I thought that I'd share these and hopefully get some feedback.

http://www.tikifarm.com/html/newdesigns.htm

On a separate note, regaring Black Suffering Bastard mugs that come up on eBay. I think the best thing that we can do is, of course - hope for ethical sellers, but when these situations arise it's best that we contact the bidders. Hopefully with a few, good frontal assaults on these auctions, unethical sellers might get the picture. I'm very stoked to be reproducing this classic mug - the result is nearly identical to the original. Here's one more slight variation from the original...

The originals were done with ground mainland lava in the glaze. This won't fly by today's standards, so the result is nearly that of the old mug in terms of the surface texture. However, you will notice that there are some small areas where the texturing is more pronounced - the raised "splatter" effect almost creates for what look like "little black warts" ...truly a SUFFERING Bastard!

Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2002-12-06 19:36 ]

T

Really nice mugs, SPAMBOY
But this is spam in a really good sense of the spam thing, like spam to the highest power, or spam-a-liscis, spam-O-rama, spam-dilly-itis.
Better get those little warts removed!

M

Holden,

"I've provided a link below to a sneak preview of some of our 2003 mugs & shots."

Mondo Maori - excellent design

Ono Lono - I may just buy this one, and I don't have many new mugs in my collection. I was wondering if someone would utilize that design in a mug. One of the better new mugs I have seen.

"I think the best thing that we can do is, of course - hope for ethical sellers, but when these situations arise it's best that we contact the bidders"

Yep...it's the right thing to do.

"The originals were done with ground mainland lava in the glaze. "

I, uhh...I, I did not know that...Hey Yo!

midnite

J

God bless Tiki Farm!! I can't wait for my Suffering Bastard and the new mugs in January!

:drink:

I think the new line will be better than ever, but is that all that we should expect in 2003?

T

Between TIKIFARM and Munktiki..............I NEED MORE MONEY! Please don't join forces, Microsoft is bad enough!! Love the new designs.

P
PJ posted on Sat, Dec 7, 2002 5:08 AM

Great mugs. All of them.
I'd like to see tikifarm play around with more matte finish glazes on these mugs.

[ Edited by: PJ on 2002-12-07 05:10 ]

I agree PJ, glossy gets a little boring after a while...unless it has a metallic shine to it...it would be very cool if Tiki Farm could make mugs like that...

turbogod, i hear ya......if tiki farm and munktiki joined forces, it would be a full on dictatorship of new era mugs!!!.....although i DO think it would be really cool to see the 2 companies collaborate on a set of 5 or so mugs (ala the shag sets).......the munktiki farm set!!!.........hey, i can dream cant i ??

I hear you people! There is much more brewing than just these mugs for sure! Likely there will be another 10 designs + for 2003 plus some other new items in both glass and some funky new lines, too. Matte glazes... we've nailed 2 excellent colors down to production quality - one is a grey/green and the other is a brown/tan. These mugs & shots, along with our T. Vic's Suffering Bastards, T. Vic's Signature Mugs, Econo 4-packs, Mr. G, X-Eyes and Martiki (Tiki Martini Glass) the Mai Kai Mystery Bowl & the Mai Kai Decanter will make up our early 2003 launch. We'll also be producing a ltd. Shag mug for the 2003 Hukilau which will be held at the Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale - 500 pcs.

Mondo Tiki begins planning next Monday and there will be 1-3 ltd. pieces (500 max) for this event. Also, good likelihood that we'll do a collaboration with the Pizz for a 2003 ltd. set as well... hope this is enough cuz... I'm swamped but in the best damned tikif'n way possible!

Check out our special Emeril Lagassi Tiki mug at his new restaurant "Choup-Chop" opening in January on Universal Walk in Orlando, FL as well plus you can get a custom Purple Orchids mug at the Purple Orchids Tiki Bar in El Segundo around the same time. Okay, I'm going to pass out now.

Also lastly - we're publishing a small collabration with Sven & Shag - "What Tiki am I" - a brief history covering the evolution of tiki mugs from past to moderna this coming spring.

G'night fellow tikiphiles!

Holden

Pages: 1 9 replies