Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Can anyone tell me where I can find Marie Brizard Curacao?

Pages: 1 25 replies

I have only used Hiram Walker curacao in my mai tais, but since reading some other threads alot of you fellow tcers have recommended marie brizard, but i can't find it in any local liquor stores or onine. Does anyone have a bottle they would sell/send me, I would paypal you, or tell me where I can order it from. Thanks

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

If its not findable up that way or even in Orlando or Tampa, I'll work with you. Its findable down at this end of the state. We'll talk.

I recently found a dusty old bottle at 'The Bottle Shop' in Montecito, CA. I haven't opened it yet as I haven't had the time and am kinda waiting for a special occasion. I have found that some of the more odd liquor stores have some great stuff stashed away that they don't even know about. Basically anyplace that allws dust to settle on their bottles is a good candidate.

Not only have I found many of the not so common items inthese shops, but they were often at really good prices. I've found a 1L bottle of Lemon Hart 151 for $16, Parfait Amour $11, 1L Black Seal $13, and Marie Brizzard Orange Curacao $17.

It also doesn't hurt to ask if your favorite liquor store can order some. Sometimes you'll get lucky.

-T.J.

P.S. I'll dig around again and see if I can find another bottle for ya. :wink:

Thanks for the help guys, I pm'd I dream of tiki since in Miami near my old home town of Pembroke Pines. We only have abc liquor and the various liquor stores attached to the grocery stores in town here so I need all the help I can get. I did get lucky and score some el dorado demerara 15 year rum at kash n' karry before they discontinued selling it. All the hard to find stuff I have had to order online and shipping is a bitch, but what can we do right? Thanks again.

N

Alright I am having the same problem finding the marie brizzard curacao in Los Angeles. No one here seems to carry it, and I am currently using hiram walkers. Is hirams as good as dekruyper(sp?) or bols? Any help on info would be appreciated.

I never got hooked up with the Marie Brizard either. I am still using Hiram Walker as that's all I can get. I can't find anyone online that carries it or i'd order it. A little help anyone! I will pay for the bottle and shipping if anyone is willing to send it to a fellow TC member. I would really like to have all the ingredients to make Beachbum Berry's $100.00 mai tai!

Aaron

I finally found Marie Brizard Curacao at a deli in Santa Monica that I have been going to for years to get food. While waiting for my sandwich the last time, I decided to check out the liquor department and found Marishino liquor and the Curacao. I am trying to talk the liquor manager into ordering the clear,they had a few bottles of orange and I got one for now. I asked if he would concider getting some of the more unusal liquors that Don the Beachcomber and Trader Vic's used, he says if there is enough demand, he will stock what is requested. Bay Cities has been there for over 80 years. http://www.baycitiesitaliandeli.com/

For those of you with a local BevMo, just pay them a visit and they can special order it for you.

Will I just got off the phone with bevmo and they say they cant get M.B. curacao because it is now discontnued. Is this true? Or is it a pile of poop.

I got the same answer from our local (Bay Area) BevMos, "Can't get it because it's discontinued."

I was in Las Vegas last weekend, and both the Lee's Discount Liquors I was in had it for $23.99 a bottle. I almost bought one, but I'm holding out for Senior's Curacao of Curacao. Maybe I should have gotten one, but I'd already spent enough at that point.

Chris

N

Alright anybody have any luck finding this stuff?

O

Yes, see post above

N

jes i see it, but i was hoping closer to the valley. will i guess i will have to make a trip out to santa monica. what gets me is that wine and liquor depot has all the marie brizzards but that one, and this place has everything. i always go to the depot because their prices cant be beat.

When you are there please encourage the manager or owner to order the clear Brizard. I could only get the orange but it's better than blue. Order a sandwich on hot bread or get some bread to go. The bread by itself is worth the trip from the valley.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-12-01 12:22 ]

On 2006-10-26 14:28, Haole'akamai wrote:
I got the same answer from our local (Bay Area) BevMos, "Can't get it because it's discontinued."

I just got back from BevMo and once again they special ordered me a bottle. The last time was about seven months ago. They said nothing about it being discontinued. They did however have trouble finding it in their system. It's listed under "M Brizard", not "Marie B", or "M Brizzard"...

We'll just have to wait and see if they actually come through.

N

Vendomes in toluca lake has a few bottles right now. I had them order me a couple of bottles and they got extra.

H

On 2006-10-28 12:22, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2006-10-26 14:28, Haole'akamai wrote:

I just got back from BevMo and once again they special ordered me a bottle. The last time was about seven months ago. They said nothing about it being discontinued. They did however have trouble finding it in their system. It's listed under "M Brizard", not "Marie B", or "M Brizzard"...

We'll just have to wait and see if they actually come through.

Here's the latest. A few days ago BevMo called to tell me that my Marie Brizard Orange Curacao arrived. I picked it up today. I don't know why some of you are being told it is discontinued. I think maybe someone just isn't trying hard enough.

The BevMo "lookup #" for the M Brizard Orange Curacao is : 74126

Have your local BevMo look it up by that number and then if they still have a problem ask them why the BevMo store #56 in Torrance can order it and they can't.

Harrumph!! My BevMo TRIED to tell me they couldn't get it, AGAIN!

But thanks to Hakalugi, I was armed with, "Well, BevMo store #56 in Torrance was able to order it..."

...he took my number and said he'd call me back within a day to confirm the order.

So, we've made progress! :D

Another location to purchase M. Brizzard- Corti Brothers on Folsom blvd in Sacramento not only has the orange curacao, but also creme de banana and cacoa. They are also superbly stocked with rums including Lemon Hart, St. James, La Favorite, Pussers, Wray & Nephew silver etc. On the down side their prices aren't the best. In fact my BB Berry $100 mai tai is more like $115 :roll:

T

Looks like Hi Times Wine Cellar in Costa Mesa has it too. I'd offer to get it and ship it and all that, but it'd probably be easier (and cheaper) if you order from them directly and have them ship it to you. Not sure how much shipping is. These guys have a great rum selection too, if you're looking for something hard to get.
http://www.hitimewine.net
Good luck. Let me know if I can help anyone procure anything.

We have triumphed!!

There are currently two bottles sitting (on hold) at our local BevMo! We will have them in mere hours!

P

This probably will not be a help to most of you, but there is a liquor store in Woodland Hills that carries a pretty full line of both Marie Brizard and Bols liqueurs, including the MB Curacao. The store is Green Jug On Platt at Victory in Woodland Hills (west San Fernando Valley). They have a good selection (not as large as Hi Times or Bev Warehouse) abd decent prices.

On 2006-11-14 15:18, Haole'akamai wrote:
We have triumphed!!

There are currently two bottles sitting (on hold) at our local BevMo! We will have them in mere hours!

All right I'm gonna try the Hakalugi maneuver on my local Bevmo representative cause I've heard the same BS. Shame them by explaining their Torrance and Oakland stores can get it but you can't. Then give them a product number. Brilliant-what a great motivator for them.

K

Hey, why bother with Marie Brizzard curacao when you can make your own?

(Heh heh... not really. I'm just kidding. What with the whole passion fruit syrup and orgeat threads.. I just thought that... it might be funny if I... oh never mind.)

Ahu

R

I recently had the EXCELLENT fortune to find it in Silver Spring!

The greatest thing about living in Montgomery County, Maryland, is (ironically!) the amazing variety in the county-owned liquor stores!

Cheers,
Rupe

Pages: 1 25 replies