Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Martini king on Jay Leno wednesday april 19th

Pages: 1 7 replies

hey guys,
just a quick heads up. the martini kings are playing friday eve and saturday in the marketplace at tiki oasis. can't wait to see everyone.
also i'll be sadly taking off my straw hat for one night only-
wednesday april 19th - tonight!,as i'll be thumping my bass for matthew sweet and suzanna hoffs.
see ya at tiki oasis.
p.s our two new cd's "tikis and bikinis" and "weekend in palm springs" are out now in time for tiki oasis.
if you want to see or get them sooner just visit http://www.martinikings.net
mahalo!
tony marsico

The Martini Kings are awesome!!! I can't wait to see you guys at the Tiki Oasis. The "new" CD "Tiki's and Bikini's" is a MUST have item. Classic Jazz Exotica!! Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to catch you tonight!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Aw, MAN, Martini Kings, did y'all do the SXSW show?

I was one one of the throng outside, wanting to get in.
I did watch the whole thing thru the big front windows and listened thru the open front door. though.

Magic.

I'm confused(but what else is new).
Is Martini Kings going to be on Jay Leno show tonight?
That's what is implied in the topic, but I can't figure out what is being said in the actual post.
Why do I have such a hard time understanding people's posts?

either way, can't wait to see you at the Tiki Oasis 6
Jeff(bigtikidude)

My take is that one, singular Martini King will be playing bass tonight on the Jay Leno show as part of the band for matthew sweet and suzanna hoffs. Correct?

Is Suzanna Hoffs still hot? I met her once during her Bangles days.

Sabu

T

Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs have a new album of covers of 60s tunes that is pretty good. The singing is quite nice. It reminds me a bit of the "Rainy Day" album that came out in the early 80s with members of Three O'Clock, Dream Syndicate, the Bangles, and Rain Parade. I may have to TIVO this episode.

http://www.myspace.com/sidnsusie

I once DJ'd at a Bangs show (the band's name before they became the Bangles) in San Diego at the International Blend / King's Road Cafe. I met Debbie Peterson (the drummer) and asked her out, but she turned me down. Hey Debbie, if you're out there, I'm available again!

T

Sabu, I would answer yes to your question!

[ Edited by: thejab 2006-04-19 15:29 ]

On 2006-04-19 15:25, thejab wrote:
I once DJ'd at a Bangs show (the band's name before they became the Bangles) in San Diego at the International Blend / King's Road Cafe. I met Debbie Peterson (the drummer) and asked her out, but she turned me down. Hey Debbie, if you're out there, I'm available again!

Sorry, Jab, she's married with 2 kids. Worse than that, she lives in LA.

Pages: 1 7 replies