Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

2nd Annual Gala-Tiki at DvA Gallery!

Pages: 1 30 replies

D

Yes it's that time of year again! DvA Gallery is having it's 2nd Anniversary Saturday, June 17th and we are celebrating with another tiki party and show! We have another great line-up of artist and some new one-of-a-kind collectable mugs by our friends at Tiki Farm which are going to be hand painted by your favorite artists. As always, DvA Gallery events are free, open to the public and kid friendly. Food and appitizers will be provided and LIVE music by The Cocktail Preachers. Hope to see you all there! http://www.dvagallery.com

[ Edited by: DaTiki 2006-04-19 13:01 ]

[ Edited by: DaTiki 2006-04-19 14:01 ]

Currently working on some great stuff for the show... can't wait!

Midwest tiki represent!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-04-19 21:39 ]

Definitely hope to make it to this. Sounds like a great time-

Like Dave says - midwest Tiki must represent!

..last year was a blast!!.....this year will be even better!!

ill be there again this year....great time last time, and wonderful art!

D

I just got my first custom mug back from The Girls Productions (Amanda Visell & Michelle Valigura)

That's one Sweet Mug! The suit even appears to be cloth!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2006-05-19 10:44 ]

D

Yea. It's all handmade. She also used flocking for the jacket and tie. Ever now and then Amanda will use flocking in her paintings and they look amazing. She did a great one for my Werewold Bongo Party Show. http://www.dvagallery.com/oct05.htm

anyone intersted in getting the midwest ohana together and coordinate meeting up for drinks before /during/ or after the show?? might be a good way to force some of you lazey fuckers around here out and away from your solitary existence behind the computer moniter combing ebay for tiki items all day......LOL

any thoughts, critiszms, insults....etc..

D

I just opened up Mr. G.'s package this morning and found this AMAZING mug inside.

D

Just got this image from Flounder for the show and thought I'd share.

Very nice. I'm looking forward to the show!

D
DaTiki posted on Sun, Jun 4, 2006 9:17 PM

I have had some people asking about the artists showing in the Tiki Show and just wanted to let those of you who didn't know, that there are still a couple pieces available from last years show. Things have been moving in the last couple weeks so here's your chance. Here is the link. Cheers,
http://www.dvagallery.com/tiki_party.htm

This may seem like the geekiest question in the world, but I am neither urban, nor a regular "art" guy. What would be appropriate attire for this event, I don't want to show up in a tux if everyone is wearing aloha shirts and shorts, or vice-versa?

Thanks!

D
DaTiki posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 3:12 PM

Wear a coconut bra if ya like! Most likely I will be in shorts a Hawaiian print shirt flip flops and sportin' my Tiki Tony necklace.

D
DaTiki posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 3:20 PM

Some more pics for ya!

Wildsville Man

Derek Yaniger

Tiki From The Black Lagoon

Mike Maas

The Public Enemy

Sam Gambino

T

And here's my addition, with driftwood carved and painted stand with driftwood carved palm trees. It is already sold.

oh my god!....tiki tony you rule.....damn i wish that wasnt sold........cant wait to see it in person next week at the art show....

Tiki Tony, I love the tiki with the stand. It's got that cool, subdued creepy vibe that drew me into the whole tiki thing to begin with.

Look forward to seeing it up close and personal next week.

I will be there...My good friends will be doing a lei greeting and some dancing...Hope to meet some of you there...

...wowweee!!!.....now that's a fine lookin group of dancers!!!

D

Here's a couple new pics.

Mitch O'Connell

Johnny Crap

Hope to see you all there!

Bump... One more day!

leavin in 15 minutes!....cant wait!

D

Just wanted to thank everyone who came out for the event. I had a great time and I hope you did as well. See you again soon. Also, all of the artwork from the show is up on the website and available for purchase. http://www.dvagallery.com/jun06.htm Cheers,

David van Alphen
DvA Gallery
DaTiki

Some of my photos from the evening...Such a good time! It was wonderful visiting with everyone!

Melissa and me!

wow, nothing but beautiful wahines! mahalo for sharing, allison! :)

D

Just as with art, these pictures do them no justice. They were AMAZING! Can't wait to have them back for next years show. Mark your calendars!

[ Edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-19 08:21 ]

Big Mahalos to all who came from far and near to support the Midwest Tiki Scene! This year a tiki event in these parts will be hard to find but DvA filled in the gap. As an attending artist it was great meeting and talking to all the tiki freaks here in the Heartland. And many others who came from places like San Francisco and KC Missouri. A great opening night... looking forward to next year's event already.

And JT... there's fashionably late, and then there's late! Good luck with your busy summer!

just wanna thank dave from dva, what a great event again....got another lake surfer (crest 2) and a matt sharp painting....great stuff, too bad me and the wife were only there from 4-5 so we missed the dancers and bands, but the 3 hr. trek each way and havin dogs to let out cut our trip short....excellent work by all the artists!

Pages: 1 30 replies