Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Hula O Maui Sparkling Wine

Pages: 1 3 replies

TF

Hula O Maui Sparkling Pineapple Wine from Maui Winery is a wonderful, if not totally unexpected addition to any Tiki Drink repertoire. This sparkler is made in the traditional Champagne method and is indeed bottle fermented. Retail price is a bit high $18.00 but it is really worth it. It is wonderful on it's own or refreshingly unique in a mango mimosa. Try it it's very nice. Has tiny bubbles!

I thought it would be fun to brainstorm on some interesting cocktail recipes using sparkling pineapple wine.

More info:
http://www.mauiwine.com/sparkling.html

T.F.

Make tiki mimosas with it.

Just substitute it for the champane in a regular mimosa.

For an extra treat sink a dash of a fruit flavor liquor like some passion fruit liquor or some Midori into it..

H
Helz posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 9:32 AM

Thankfully, I happen to have a bottle of this stuff in the rack, and will have to do some experiments this weekend.

But I think the captian has the right idea...do kind of a Polynesian version of a Kir Royale (Ku Royale?):

1 barspoon Passion Fruit Syrup
Hula O Maui

Spoon Passion Fruit syrup in a flute, top with Hula O Maui...paper umbrella optional.
(I also think you might be able to get away with a touch of Coco lopez as well, because if I remember right, this stuff is a little drier than I thought it would be.)

Or how about this variation of a Royal Silver (Royal Hawaiian?):

1/2 oz. Cointreau
1 1/2 oz. Pink Grapefruit Juice
1/8 oz. Orgeat Syrup
Hula O Maui

Shake first 3 ingredients together with ice and strain into a champagne flute that has been rimmed with coarse sugar (Fancy!). Top with Hula O Maui.

Feild trials coming shortly...

Sparkling! Nice attribute.

I find the Tedesci vintage of the pineapple wine too syrupy, although I love Tedesci's passion fruit wine.

Pages: 1 3 replies