Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Shag in Australia - Pics added 2nd May

Pages: 1 6 replies

H
hewey posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 7:41 AM

Hey to all my Aussie tiki buddies! Shag is coming down under for the Outre Gallery, and will be doing the whole book signing thing in Sydney and Melbourne.

Out from Southern California Shag returns for his latest solo exhibition of original paintings with shows set for Melbourne and Sydney, both hosted by Outre Gallery (of course). This time around Shag looks to the classics of art history and takes inspiration from some of his favourite paintings infusing them with his own playful twists and crisp style.

In Melbourne 22 April and Sydney 30 April.
More details:
http://www.outregallery.com/browse.aspx?Category=59

Kustom Kahoona* - Tiki and Hot Rod Art by Hewey*

[ Edited by: hewey 2006-05-01 19:48 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 1, 2006 7:47 PM

Here are some pics from the Sydney book signing:

Outside the Outre Gallery

Inside:

Shag doing the signing thing:

Shag with some ugly bloke (I dont look happy because that is like the third time the guy tried to take the photo, and i am trying to work out why the camera isn't working):

Shag with Finkdaddy #1:

Cool pics! Thanks for posting. Did you take any pictures of the original
paintings?

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 3, 2006 8:31 PM

On 2006-05-03 12:24, tiki-riviera wrote:

Cool pics! Thanks for posting. Did you take any pictures of the original
paintings?

No I didn't. Wasn't sure if I was allowed to.

TM

Aloha Hewey!
I was there that day too! - I also went to the 'Shag Cocktail Party' at Rose Seidler House the night before - that was surreal - Like being inside a Shag painting. The only thing I was disappointed with on this Shag Exhibition was that us Sydneysiders didn't get to see the whole 'On the Shoulders of Giants' collection.
Nice Photos too.
Talofa!
Here's a 'postcard' from Tiki Motu.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Sep 10, 2006 1:24 AM

On 2006-09-09 06:48, Tiki Motu wrote:
Aloha Hewey!
I was there that day too! - I also went to the 'Shag Cocktail Party' at Rose Seidler House the night before - that was surreal - Like being inside a Shag painting.

Kool :) When I rang up about the cocktail party (as soon as I heard) it was fully booked

TT

I know this is an old thread but i was there too and the cocktail party was booked but i went anyway... bookings...pffft!

Pages: 1 6 replies