Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pagan Island Trailer

Pages: 1 12 replies

I just posted the trailer for "Pagan Island" as part of my Friday Grindhouse trailer series. It has great shots of the giant tiki "sea god" and of course the 30 beautiful "natives" who inhabit the island.

You can see the trailer here: http://www.yesbutnobutyes.com/archives/2006/04/the_grindhouse_11.html

Hope you like cheese...

K
kirby posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 8:54 AM

that was awsome thanks for sharing...

Love that hokey "kissing lesson" routine.

Thanks for making me laugh out loud this Friday!

Thanks Muggler,

The entire movie is available on a "Something Weird" DVD with another cool jungle movie called "The Fiend of Dope Island." Definitely worth seeking out!! Tons of cool extra stuff too!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: jeff central 2006-04-22 02:14 ]

Ahhhh, when not in the 'burbs, it's my island getaway!

M

when I view that ppage I see no way to view anything--what am I missing? How does one view it?

L

On 2006-04-21 17:50, mrsmiley wrote:
when I view that ppage I see no way to view anything--what am I missing? How does one view it?

refresh your browser page a couple times. then clik in the middle of the frame/trailer pic

Nice to see you back Mr. Muggler.
KG

J

"women as white as wonder bread"

funny. thanks.

L

On 2006-04-21 21:27, J.S.G. wrote:
"women as white as wonder bread"

and apparently just as intelligent.

Nani Maka loves the sea god, and you for starting this thread.

I got this DVD and it comes with an unexpected tiki tie in included in the DVD extras called inside the artists studio or something like that. The man in the left photo on page 43 of the Book of Tiki is the artist who created the "Sea God" tiki that is in the above still from Pagan Island. Some tikis bring their owners bad luck, his must have brought him topless women.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2006-04-23 19:22 ]

Pagan Island, formerly on out of print Something Weird/Image Special edition DVD and expensive, is now back in print as a DVD-R edition from Something Weird - they just announced in their newsletter.

Its POSSIBLE the Lewis Van Dercar bonus feature on the special edition is on this too since the something weird DVD-R/VHS tapes do have bonus material - but i do NOT know. (Hence special editions are special)

Pages: 1 12 replies