Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Mai Kai Plans

Pages: 1 10 replies

N

OK, S. FL experts....

The Wahine and I will be in Lauderdale in June to celebrate our anniversary. Of course, we HAVE to make it to the Mai Kai!

Here's the thing. I'd really like to be there at 5 for happy hour (on a Saturday night), but we usually don't eat dinner until much later in the evening--8 or 9 at least. We'll be taxicabbing, in anticipation of the cocktails, so I don't really want to come for happy hour, then leave, and come back.

Sooooo...is it possible to do something like happy hour 5-7, then watch the show with maybe another drink and pupus, and then eat dinner afterward? Or do you have to order to eat during the show? (I think the showtimes are 7 and 10, according to the website). While I'd love to drink until the 10:00 show, I don't think I'd make it.

Thanks for the info!!

One more thing....any other tiki in the immediate area we should check out?

Thanks,

Scott

G

Since you are seated at a dinner table to watch the show, I would think you'd be expected to order dinner also. But I dunno. Best way to find out is to call them.

H
Helz posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 8:32 PM

I think Gator's got it pretty much nailed. But that being said I don't see why you couldn't hit happy hour at five and then kill the time in the Molokai until they start seating for the later show. I've blown many evenings in that bar, and believe me the time flys.

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2006-04-21 20:33 ]

PI

We've had drinks, ordered appetizers, and watched the show without buying dinner once before.

On 2006-04-21 18:06, new2tiki wrote:
OK, S. FL experts....

The Wahine and I will be in Lauderdale in June to celebrate our anniversary. Of course, we HAVE to make it to the Mai Kai!

Congratulations! I can think of no finer place to celebrate!

...Sooooo...is it possible to do something like happy hour 5-7, then watch the show with maybe another drink and pupus, and then eat dinner afterward? ...While I'd love to drink until the 10:00 show, I don't think I'd make it.

You would be amazed at how easy it is to spend hours in the Molokai! And I mean without that many drinks.

Since it is your anniversary I hesitate to ask, but when are you going? Would you like some company in the Molokai? Most of the local o'hana are always looking for an excuse to get to the Mai-Kai! No better way to kill the time between Happy Hour and Dinner than to spend time and talk story with the locals......

On 2006-05-09 21:42, Chip and Andy wrote:

You would be amazed at how easy it is to spend hours in the Molokai! And I mean without that many drinks.

Since it is your anniversary I hesitate to ask, but when are you going? Would you like some company in the Molokai?

Molokai?
I did not know this was another name for the Mai Kai.
(Or is this the rum "talking" Chip?)

On 2006-05-09 23:41, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2006-05-09 21:42, Chip and Andy wrote:

Since it is your anniversary I hesitate to ask, but when are you going? Would you like some company in the Molokai?

Molokai?

Unga-

The Molikai is the name of the bar.

Doh!

On 2006-05-09 23:41, Unga Bunga wrote:

Molokai?

Way more than Rum, and when did the sun get to be so bright???

The Molokai is the Bar inside the Mai-Kai where Happy Hour is Severed. You start your Mai-Kai experience in the Molokai Bar, then you join the Islanders Review in one of the Pacific Island Dinning Rooms for dinner, then you stroll through the gardens after desert.

On 2006-05-10 06:17, RevBambooBen wrote:
Doh!

Doh! (god damn rum)
You are gonna have a blast new2tiki.

S

Yeah, 5-6 for Happy Hour and then see if they will let you wander through the gardens before your dinner and then back to Molokai and you will find it's time for you to be seated.

I believe drinks are "2 for 1" during the Molokai bar's Happy Hour, no? DEFINITELY a good deal!

Deery

Pages: 1 10 replies