Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Things I got on Rapa Nui

Pages: 1 5 replies

I finally had some time & thought I'd share a few items that I got while in Rapa Nui back at the beginning of the year. There are a few more items that I'll try to post pics of - but here's what I got to show for now.

Incredible Tavake Bowl (about 3' long & about a 1' wide:

Very cool Moai Kava Kava poster:

Cute lil moai plushy:

I'll try to post some more pics soon (but don't hold your breath).

Cheers,
Tiki Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2006-07-07 06:37 ]

I love the poster, great graphic image.
Peace.

T

That poster is of a Maoi Kava Kava Man. The Make Make god, looks a bit different. I would love to have those items. Truly wonderful. They are all my favorites. I just love Easter Island.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 24, 2006 4:07 PM

Cool scores! Like em all.

Not sure about the spacey cross dressing red monster in the bath though, kinda freaks me out a little... :)

On 2006-04-24 12:51, teaKEY wrote:
That poster is of a Maoi Kava Kava Man. The Make Make god, looks a bit different. I would love to have those items. Truly wonderful. They are all my favorites. I just love Easter Island.

You're absolutely correct. sorry for that. just a typo. thanks for pointing it out. here's a cave painting of make make:

take care,
chris

TC

Here are a couple more pics of that plushy. I especially like the designs on his back:

There's more stuff that I need to take pics of too. Time permitting, I'll get some more up in the next week or so.

Pages: 1 5 replies