Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Jet Setter Lounge is AWESOME!

Pages: 1 14 replies

K

For all you TC ohana living on Florida's southeast coast, or anywhere in FLAUSA for that matter, you gotta go check out Mike Jones' Jet Setter Lounge. Haole Kats!!! played there last night for their Sunday night Luau. WOW! The place is amazing. The decor, the food, the drinks, the vibe -- ALL OF IT. Also, every single solitary one of his staff is WONDERFUL!

Sorry we forgot to post about us being there, but we will be back there again May 27-28 for Jet Set Fest, playing each night from 4-7pm.

Thanks again to Mike for having us down there to play, and to all the folks that came out. We had a great time, although, I think we'll stay the night next time (it's a bit of a haul from Tampa).

What City in SE Florida?

T

It's in Lake Worth, Florida (near West Palm), and I agree it's one awesome place!!!

K

D'oh! Sorry... it's at 1132 North Dixie Hwy (US 1) in Lake Worth. Here's their website:

http://www.jetsetterlounge.com/

All those cartoon pics of the cat with the glasses on the website is Mike. Very cool cat, and a great host. Josh took some pics, so maybe he'll post a few here? It's a great place. I highly recommend getting over there anytime you're in the area. And just down the road (well, OK -- about 35 miles) is the Mai Kai!

Kanekila

HK

Awesome is right! I need to figure out how to post pics. I'll get those up asap.

I had a little too much fun if you know what I mean....1 Mai Tai, 1 Agent Orange, 1 Oh My, My Moai, 1 Suffering Bastard and a shot of Voodoo Juice...luckily, Joe doesn't drink, so he got us back to Pinellas county in one piece.

Thanks to Mike and the Jetsetter staff for a warm welcome and a great time. I'm really looking forward to going back next month...I'll be setting a 2 drink limit for myself next time.

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

Well, alright! How about a full review guys? Tell us everything. From their web site, it looks like they just opened in Dec. And we need pics!!

I just drove through Lake Worth in February. If I had only known...

L
Loki posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 1:17 PM

I must say that the Jetsetter is by far one of the coolest places in South Florida for all you retro, tiki people. It has quickly become my favorite place. They have great bands, Sorry Haole Kats, i missed you this past Sunday. Next time...great drinks, mugs you can take home with you, and bring the mug back, get a refill. The decor is out of this world. They sell Shag, Derek and Doug Horne art, they have large moai's in their tiki garden, and did i mention, their menu is out of this world? Great food. I mean great. Mike Jones did it right with this place. When in town you must check it out. Thumbs way up.

G

Well if it's so great, how come this is the first we're hearing about it?!? C'mon people! Write up a review already! We're starved for good places like this.

By the way, their web site looks great. The food and drink menus look fairly impressive too. Although... grenadine in a Mai Tai? I'll skip that one.

K

BUMP!

If you want to hang out at a very swank club this weekend, drink some fantastically mixed fruity beverages, eat some REALLY great food and hear some fun hapa-haole and surf music, join us for Jet Set Fest at The Jetsetter Lounge in Lake Worth, Florida. Haole Kats!!! play from 4-7 Saturday and Sunday.

This is a seriously cool club. Mike has done an amazing job, and his staff are top-notch.

Be there.
Aloha...

JetSetFest at the Jetsetter lounge this weekend - Tiki vendors, Intergalactical Luau - wooohooo!

What a great weekend !!! Big mahalos to Mike,Natalie,all of the fantastic staff, the awesome vendors,musicians,and the people who came out to celebrate the event.
A large mahalo to Chris & Elizabeth,Jason & Rita,and John from the west coast.. That was so cool of all of you to come up from the Lauderdale area to hang with us and be so supportive of the event. A big aloha for Papa Bear from the Buckeye state (you gotta hang here in the Sunshine state more often) An unexpected treat to meet jpmartdog and for him to come all the way from the coast to vend at the event (yea I know your Mom lives there) but to vend your art was ultra cool..... The door prizes ,food ,and hospitality were off the hook !!!
I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the Kats in thanking everyone involved for all the Aloha that was shared...

Joe/Haole Kats

L
Loki posted on Wed, May 31, 2006 6:34 AM

Joe,
It was our pleasure. I so wanted to go again on Sunday, but we just got too busy. We listened to the Haole Kats CD's all weekend long while carving and working on bathroom renovations. Who would ever think that installing a toilet could be so much fun. My father in law really liked your set and it was nice to see him out and relaxing, especially in such a swanky place as the Jet Setter.

We're looking forward to your next south florida visit. Perhaps a home bar visit next time?

Mahalo again for a great time.

I have been to Jetsetter lounge a couple of times. Yes, they opened at the beginning of this year. Mike has done a fantastic job with the decor and the food. He had a set up at last year's Hukilau. A group of us were able to make his grand opening, the Secret Agent night, a Sunday lunch and a dinner. We missed this past weekend due to being out to Tampa. I am bummed we missed it because I've been wanting to see the Wholly cats since the last hukilau.

Here's some online references: http://www.metrodate.com/palmbeach/restaurants.asp
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26677458

I've enjoyed their drinks, the great selection of collectible take home mugs, their food is out of sight! I haven't tried all of it, but what I have tried is just awesome. And you have to save room for fresh baked cookies and cold milk. Made to order! If I lived closer to this place, I'd be a regular fixture!

K

On 2006-05-31 10:01, kungfugimp wrote:
I have been to Jetsetter lounge a couple of times. Yes, they opened at the beginning of this year. Mike has done a fantastic job with the decor and the food. He had a set up at last year's Hukilau. A group of us were able to make his grand opening, the Secret Agent night, a Sunday lunch and a dinner. We missed this past weekend due to being out to Tampa. I am bummed we missed it because I've been wanting to see the Wholly cats since the last hukilau.

Here's some online references: http://www.metrodate.com/palmbeach/restaurants.asp
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26677458

I've enjoyed their drinks, the great selection of collectible take home mugs, their food is out of sight! I haven't tried all of it, but what I have tried is just awesome. And you have to save room for fresh baked cookies and cold milk. Made to order! If I lived closer to this place, I'd be a regular fixture!

I will second that motion on the food -- FABULOUS! Mike has hired some top shelf chefs, and it's a great menu, too. Y'all defintely need to go there if you haven't yet, and check it out. It's really a fun place. Oh yeah -- great drinks, too!

Pages: 1 14 replies