Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Who's arriving early for Tiki Oasis??

Pages: 1 44 replies

O

Please post a roll call for when you are arriving for Tiki Oasis so we can plan some pre-Oasis festivities.

We'll go first.... We're already here!!!
Go.....

C

Igo Igo all day! :D

The Wednesday before...(to)May 10th.

(Corrected, forgot the "to" in original post.)

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2006-04-28 23:47 ]

DZ

On 2006-04-24 21:17, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

The Wednesday before...May 10th.

Ummm... Check your calendar, Frank - May 10th is the Wednesday after Oasis...

Pandora and I will be arriving Thursday evening - is that early enough?

WoooHooo! Soccer Tiki and I will be arriving Thursday too :)

T

Mrs. Pug and I will be rolling in around 8pm Thursday evening.

I'll be coming on Thursday night -- see y'all there...

I'm planning on getting to SD early on Thursday. I'm on a quest for some out of print books, and there are a bunch of stores I want to hit.

We are arriving late on Wednesday evening (the 3rd).

--SBiM

I will be arriving Thursday afternoon/Evening in time to set up my room and get to Dr. Z's

Utopiandreem & I will be arriving early afternoon on thurday.

TBird.

I will be "slumming" Thursday evening and on into the weekend for all the festivities. I am not staying at the hotel but will be crawling around Thursday through Sunday! I am looking forward to seeing you all!
Don't forget to add your name to the list of crawlers on the Room Crawl thread (if you haven't already!) We have ten room hosts confirmed so far!
Mahalo,
Shelley

On 2006-04-24 22:15, WooHooWahine wrote:
WoooHooo! Soccer Tiki and I will be arriving Thursday too :)

Actually we'll be there early in the day (before noon) if anyone wants to get together for a little pre-party partying. We should be recovered from the Kon Tiki in Tucson by then!!!!

N
Netty posted on Tue, Apr 25, 2006 1:55 PM

We will be getting in Thursday night and will be having some Tiki Oasis virgins joining us on Friday for the weekend. I am so excited. Can't wait to see everyone again.

T

Tsunami Shanna and myself will arrive early Thursday morning and will leave Sunday.

Mahalo,
Tikitatt (John)

Stacey and I will be arriving Thursday late afternoon.
Can't wait.

Lady V and I will be getting there on Friday afternoon. Don't start any parties without us!
(I'm looking at you Dr. Z)

Krustiki and I plan to drive after work on Thursday, so probably won't get there until around 10:00 p.m.

Hope the party isn't over by then!

MG

Friday morning SURF SESSION anyone?

On 2006-04-26 19:34, MEAN GENE wrote:

Gene ~ Soccer Tiki has The Royal Hawaiian's Lapu Lapu Secret Recipe. Are you ready for one :wink: WooooHoooo!!!

Gonna get there mid day friday cant wait .

Thurs. sometime, traffic from L.A. is terrible.

I'll be in town Thursday afternoon!!!

I'll be arriving late...by 2 months. =(

• hollars from down the street in the general direction of Ona and Moki's place......*

I'm here already!

RR

Thursday Afternoon with Dr. Shocker.

TF

The Tiki Finks will arrive around Midnight on Thursday so save us a seat at the bar. Hope the party is still goin' on.
T.F.

I can't believe I have to wait at my house in Mission Beach for another whole week before you all show up.

BTW- TC shutterbugs hoping to take lots of photos of tikis while in San Diego be warned, this place is simply lousy with wannabe swimsuit models. They'll leap into every photo if they see you coming with a camera.

This was supposed to be a pic of Hodaddy's Hideaway on the placid shores of Mission Bay!

We arrive on Friday morning and leave on Monday morning. I called the hotel and had them note an "early arrival request" on our room reservations, so we are keeping our fingers crossed the room is available before 3:00pm. See you all there!

• Myke
TF

Anyone have an idea on how late the bar is open at the Hanalei on Thursday night? We are arriving late and I am sure I will want a cocktail or ten after our screwey priceline flight.

Thanks,

T.F.

On 2006-04-27 09:40, hodadhank wrote:
I can't believe I have to wait at my house in Mission Beach for another whole week before you all show up.

BTW- TC shutterbugs hoping to take lots of photos of tikis while in San Diego be warned, this place is simply lousy with wannabe swimsuit models. They'll leap into every photo if they see you coming with a camera.

This was supposed to be a pic of Hodaddy's Hideaway on the placid shores of Mission Bay!

Thank god it was just Nikki and not Courtney!

WOW!!! All I can say is leap away, leap away!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

C

On 2006-04-26 19:34, MEAN GENE wrote:

Sounds cool, I will be bringing a board down with me. I am getting in late late Thusday night so I am not sure how bright and early I will be getting up on Friday. I was defintaley going to surf onthe way home. Where you gonna go out on Friday? I might be able to meet up with you. That is If you aren't afraid of being seen with a pasty Nor Cal kook.

Chongolio

P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

On 2006-05-01 16:00, Chongolio wrote:

P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?

water temp's been running about 57 deg, air temp 56-70 deg. you might wanna bring that full suit & bootys Chongo.

D

we get in on Friday, late afternoon..and we're staying till Weds the 10th.

we're thinking about driving up to see the BH Trader Vics on Monday after Oasis..having a drink.. then maybe head off to somewhere fun.. like Sams Seafood... or (though its not tiki) Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles ~ we love the place!

looking forward to crawling and being crawled upon!

elicia

T

Savage Patty, my sis and bro-in-law will be there thursaday afternoon. Can't wait.

Hey Woo Hoo and ST... Who'd you have to bribe/threaten/do to obtain the highly coveted super secret recipe to RH's Lapu?!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm....Lapu Lapu. I'm drooling already.
I'll wear my RH T Shirt the first evening to set the mood. And after a few Lapus. It may come off. God forbid.
No really, none of you want that.... The Mr is on stand by ready with a large towel/cover up. Yeah, cuz I don't look anything like the Mission Beach chick, I'm sorry to say!

A

...P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?...

... water 60 degrees with a small south ground swell comin'(north county will be best)... most likely for sat & sun... springsuits are fine... some are trunkin' it already... travel light...

Has anyone tried to request an earlier check in time? And if so, what did you do? I don't want to be sitting with a car loaded with stuff. Anyone? Anyone?

C

On 2006-05-02 14:03, alohabros wrote:

...P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?...

... water 60 degrees with a small south ground swell comin'(north county will be best)... most likely for sat & sun... springsuits are fine... some are trunkin' it already... travel light...

I gonna bring both suits just in case. This skinny punk gets cold fast. Thanks for the replies Shipwreck and Alohabros. See you in a few short days.

Chongolio

Will be leaving Anaheim hopefully by 2 pm, and with luck be down there by 4.
What time do the Mai Kai gents play on thurs. eve.?

Chongolio, hows about you stop by the Huntington beach pier
on Sun. , surf some, and check out some surf bands,
they play by the Pier, from 11 am to 5 pm, and it's freee!!

What will I be missing, by leaving early sunday morning?
hope fully not much.
Last year IN PS it seemed to be a mass exodus all day. I lounged around all day, ate dinner at 6 pm, lounged around a bit longer, and finally dragged my sorry ass into my truck at 8:30 pm,
to fight a nasty 3 hour drive back home, aghhhh!!

Hopefully I'l get lucky and miss the trafic both ways.

I'm ready to get my drink on
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-02 19:11 ]

M

We're here NOW and ready for action!

ModMana :drink:

C

On 2006-05-02 19:08, bigtikidude wrote:

Chongolio, hows about you stop by the Huntington beach pier
on Sun. , surf some, and check out some surf bands,
they play by the Pier, from 11 am to 5 pm, and it's freee!!

Hopefully I'l get lucky and miss the trafic both ways.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-02 19:11 ]

Hey BTD, I don't think I will be in any state of mind to drive back up on Sunday. I am planning to relax all day Sunday then split in the evening to try and avoid the weekend traffic. For the most part I am playing it all by ear so things may work out differently.

See ya soon!!!

Chongolio

CheekyGirl,
I called the hotel directly and requested an early check in. We arrive to San Diego around 10AM on Friday, and would love to unload our suitcases before we head out sightseeing and looking up old friends. The reservation clerk was very clear that the early check in was a request ONLY and they would do the best they could... no guarantees. If Tiki Central rooms are blocked in a particular building or floor, early check in is more difficult. But, I would call the hotel and get your reservation flagged that you are requesting an early check in. Its better than showing up early without notice. I plan to call the hotel as soon as we land in San Diego, and see if they had a room available.

Good Luck!
Myke

It's Thursday afternoon and I'm here! BigTikiDude, The Maikai Gents will start at 8:00PM tonight. Looking forward to seeing the whole TC Gang!

-Weird Unc

Pages: 1 44 replies