Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki-Ti Video

Pages: 1 9 replies

There is a video news clip of the Tiki-Ti done by some guy named jdubs for a Latino channel. It's over on YouTube.com. The music overdub is pretty out of place, but he interviews several people who were in the bar on a Wednesday night, including I think Tiki Diablo.

Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuf5EZN2jq4

Nope, no Tiki Diablo.

T

Awesome! Who had a record player there? Was the video done during Miles' podcast?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18791&forum=11

Okay, no Tiki Diablo. Sorry. Any Wednesday night regulars know these people? Any of them TCers?

The fellow from Huntington Beach is Sugar Caddy Daddy! Many of the rest of the faces were familiar to me as Tiki-Ti regulars (Gil, Debbie, Jah Jim leaving just as they were entering), but those aren't TCers. Miles from 'OnaTiki I believe has posted here before, but I don't know what his name would have been; his partner in 'OnaTiki is Cass, who has posted quite a bit as tikitanked.

The background music in that video SUCKED! And the bar looked so HUGE!

H

Actually, the background music isn't that far off from what you'll hear at Tiki-Ti sometimes... sometimes the music there can be great, but more often it's not. It's a real crapshoot. Emphasis on the "crap." It's kind of a "with a name like Smucker's" thing... with music that bad, the drinks have got to be good!

T

What's wrong with classic rock?! :wink:

Turn it up, dude!!

G

On 2006-04-26 14:02, Humuhumu wrote:
Actually, the background music isn't that far off from what you'll hear at Tiki-Ti

Really? I didn't expect them to play exotica or Hawaiian music, but I had figured on something at least loungy since the bar's roots go so far back. Oh well, playing to their clientelle I guess.

T

Thats the kind of music that I would expect to hear in a club, and I like that music best for clubs but I was a little taken back to heard it over the images of the bar. I little loud for the video, but if you see who made the video, it makes more sense then.

I love the videos. More more videos around here. And that place is hopping. I have never even been in a bar on any other days then the weekends. That places has got to be pulling in some good money.

Pages: 1 9 replies