Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Deadbolt after (Oasis 6 ) hours !

Pages: 1 13 replies

TF

Newsflash...

The Scariest Band in the World, Deadbolt, will be playing at the Kensington Club ( Approx. 10 min from the Hanalei ) on Saturday night May 6th 2006. You already have tix to the big show? Never fear. According to my sources, Deadbolt will is not likely to hit the stage until at least 11:00 which gives you plenty of time to get there. In case you haven't had enough, Deadbolt will take you to the grave and beyond by way of their own Tiki/Surf jungle of madness.

If you are not familiar with these guys, here is the site. The show has not been posted as of the time of this message. http://www.downinthelab.com

Saturday is going to be a real Tikithon!

T.F.

happy-happy!! deadbolt is awesome!! do not miss this show!!

T

Deadbolt are great, and don't miss R&B legend Andre Williams at the Casbah on Sunday May 7th. I'm going to see him this weekend in San Francisco. The Jab says check it out!

Who the hell IS Mrs. Valdez?

Here's to Harley staying just sober enough to get through at least 5 songs. The moon and stars have aligned for Tiki Oasis - what a way to end the evening within stumbling distance of my house!

I just discovered these guys after hearing Billy is Dead on a Psychobilly comp, and they kick all ass. Very spoken word like cow punk. I hope they head to the east coast one day.

-g-

[ Edited by: liabungalo 2006-04-27 12:26 ]

S

argh, if only I could be there to hear
The Mocker...
sigh.
Maybe they will head up this way!!!
PEa

I would just like to say that I got a Deadbolt tattoo before anyone (including the band). Here's to Harley and the gang coming home on the perfect weekend!

Cool! Sounds good to me.

According to http://www.myspace.com/kenclub Show starts 8pm.
The lineup is THE ATOMS / SULTRY SAVAGE / DEADBOLT /

And as was previously stated, Deadbolt's profile says 11pm.

Deadbolt's Upcoming Shows:

May 6 2006 12:00P
Barona Dragstrip and Carshow San Diego, CA

May 6 2006 11:00P
The Ken Club San Diego, CA

So should we all stagger into a couple cabs about 10:30 and share the ride? :wink:
Can anybody come up with an address for the club?

Berdoo John

Hi, the Ken Club's at 4079 Adams Ave. It's only about 6 miles from the Hanalei and really easy to find - it's right off the Adams Ave exit off 15 (turn right at the end of the ramp, and it's right across the overpass). In case anyone needs it, their phone number is 619-284-2848. (Don't necessarily rush to get there early to see all the bands - I doubt anyone will start playing at 8pm).

It's also less than a mile from the Ould Sod (at 3373 Adams Ave), if you wanna make a little tour of it.

Cheers!

Rockin' good news! The last time I saw Deadbolt was about 8 years ago at the SOMA New Years Eve party. I think I'm ready to go again. The Kensington Klub is a geat venue for them too. A good time will be had by all.

i LOVE deadbolt....do not miss folks, great band,great show!

TF

Went to Oasis on vacation. In the Jungle I found a Tiki Man!

On 2006-05-01 09:38, Tiki Fink wrote:
Went to Oasis on vacation. In the Jungle I found a Tiki Man!

And then something happened that quite disturbing,
my eyes turned ruby red like the tiki man.

Hell yeah, I think I may have to do this.
I have all their cd's and 45's, and have seen them at least 10 times. Too bad they aren't playing at Tiki Oasis.
Maybe next year???

Hey I'm Happy that Ran (Kick the Reverb's) band the Sand Devils are playing . Finally Surf and Tiki meet.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 13 replies