Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

new c.d's I picked up this week...

Pages: 1 9 replies

picked up the soundtrack to "77 sunset strip"...features awesome moody spy-jazz from the old t.v. series...good cocktail drinkin' tunes....also picked up Preston Epps compilation, "Bongola"....not to be missed!! awesome collection of bongo infused tunes featuring the master of the skins himself.....

D

Sounds like I'm gonna have to get that one. I wish they would release Hawaiian Eye on CD.

TT

That is funny since I just watched an episode of 77 Sunset Strip yesterday and decided that we need more finger snapping in songs these days.

I too wish they would release Hawaiian Eye anything on CD.

I noticed the last Hawaiian Eye and 77 Sunset Strip episodes I watched had two of the same actors playing very similar characters wearing very similar outfits.

I noticed the last Hawaiian Eye and 77 Sunset Strip episodes I watched had two of the same actors playing very similar characters wearing very similar outfits.

there is an explanation for this in the liner notes of 77 sunset strip......it goes on at length to explain the evolution of the series as well as it's effect on other dramas like hawaiian eye and surf side six...as well as certain elements that were "lifted" from the original series........

On 2006-04-28 08:15, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
picked up the soundtrack to "77 sunset strip"...features awesome moody spy-jazz from the old t.v. series...good cocktail drinkin' tunes....also picked up Preston Epps compilation, "Bongola"....not to be missed!! awesome collection of bongo infused tunes featuring the master of the skins himself.....

I will have to keep an eye out for that Preston Epps cd "Bongola." Sounds like a must have item!! Thanks for the tip!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

On 2006-04-29 11:48, Jeff Central wrote:

On 2006-04-28 08:15, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

I will have to keep an eye out for that Preston Epps cd "Bongola." Sounds like a must have item!! Thanks for the tip!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

..you won't be dissapointed...liner notes also include in-depth info on preston's background and rise to popularity in his day...

B

I recommend Cocktail Angst. They are one of the few neo-tiki acts that go for the full-on Exotic Sounds feel... with vibraphones and the Modernist jazz elements inherent to Exotica. I find that some of the tiki music is more hapa haole. Besides, like, Frenchy, Tipsy, Ursula 1000, Don Tiki and Combustible Edison, it's been hard to find out and out Exotica.

K
Klas posted on Thu, May 4, 2006 1:46 AM

On 2006-04-28 15:21, Digitiki wrote:
I wish they would release Hawaiian Eye on CD.

On 2006-04-29 08:46, ted tiki wrote:
I too wish they would release Hawaiian Eye anything on CD.

Collectables will have a release out on May 9:

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/77792.html

D

Just got my Hawaiian Eye CD! The sound quality is very good!!!

R

I purchased "HAWAIIAN EYE" from http://www.dustygroove.com in Chicago, they are tremendous both in price and selection.

Huzzah!
Zazz!
~rUPE

Pages: 1 9 replies