Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Savage Renewal: The Sunny Side Of The Moon : The Best Of Richard Cheese

Pages: 1 1 replies

Savage Renewal: Kahukini posted an album release about Richard Cheese in 2002.

Better late than never, four years later, walking through Tower I can't help picking up The Sunny Side Of The Moon: The Best Of Richard Cheese

I remember hearing the lounge jazz version of Disturbed's Down With The Sickness in the movie Dawn of the Dead several years ago and wondering if it was an actual band or just a bunch of session cats with a sense of humor.

Well it seems LATM has thrived as this compilation pulls material from four previous albums and includes delicate small combo versions of DWTS, People = Shit, Freak On A Leash, Come out and Play including bossa nova versions of Baby Got Back, and Another Brick in the Wall where Cheese interrupts the music to grill his beleaguered ivory tickler Bobby "If you don't eat your meat, how can you have any pudding?" (Dick's slow crooning of the Yin Yang Twins unbelievably obscene Badd is hysterical...) Also here are crazed big band swing versions of Rape Me, Creep (with whistle solo), Fight for your right, Rock the Casbah, Gin and Juice, Nookie, Hot For Teacher, Girls Girls Girls ("...they gottem in Ipanema...") and a mambo Sunday Bloody Sunday are loads of off color fun.

Now, I have a friend who refuses to come see Dread Zeppelin with me or listen to Frank Zappa because she feels music can't possibly be worth while if it makes you laugh. If you agree avoid Richard Cheese at all costs.

But I expect since most Tikiphiles are open minded fun loving folk they will, as I did, consider the following photo to be a ringing endorsement!

(...Cheese with pop culture maven & hipstress Cherry Capri)

http://www.iloverichardcheese.com/

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-04-29 20:12 ]

B

LOVE Richard Cheese! The man is a genius!!

Pages: 1 1 replies