Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Ventures playin' Caravan on Shindig circa 1965

Pages: 1 11 replies

This made me feel warm all over and restored my faith in mankind. Check out the Ventures ROCKIN' the tune Caravan when they played Shindig in 1965. See it over at YouTube. This maybe the coolest thing on the internet.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

Gawd, that's awesome. I saw the Ventures almost 30 years ago at the Troubador in L.A. The now sadly-departed Mel Taylor's drum solo, where he used his sticks to play Nokie Edward's bass, brought the house down.

There are a whole slew of great Ventures clips on YouTube.

Love the Ventures, love "Caravan," love go-go girls, so thanks very much.

Damn, that was great. Brings me back....way back.

On 2006-04-29 18:42, MrBaliHai wrote:
There are a whole slew of great Ventures clips on YouTube.

Yeah! That is the goods! I watched most of them and have added them to my group on my space Tiki Tunes. If interested in joining let me know.

Chongolio

Welcome to the group and thanks for joining Mr Bali Hai!

Chongolio

M

On 2006-04-30 16:51, Chongolio wrote:
Welcome to the group and thanks for joining Mr Bali Hai!

Happy to be here (there). I'll add a few videos to the collection as soon as I get some free time.

K

Yeah, baaaaaby!

That was frickin' great. I think you can basically "surf-i-fy" just about any tune out there, which is pretty cool in my book.

Thanks for that.

Hey all you video Tiki Geeks, Mr Bali Hai has been busy adding some great (and some just down right wierd) videos to the Surf, Exotica Hawaiian & Other Tiki Tunes Group on Youtube. Now playin' Dick Dale, Bob Denver, The California Del Reys, Martinin Kings and more! Check 'um out it's free!

Chongolio

On 2006-05-14 10:12, Chongolio wrote:
Mr Bali Hai has been busy adding some great (and some just down right wierd) videos..

I'm tryin' to stay at least marginally within the group's charter, but it's hard!...:D

That Bob Denver Ho Daddy clip has given me more nightmares than an extra-large anchovy pizza with jalapeno peppers.

Wow! That was crazy baby! While watching that I noticed this one in the queue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT6okvxEL20

Ventures, 1966, "Wipe Out" Japanese TV

Much clearer vid...

Wow! Totally cool! I absolutely love The Ventures and Caravan is one of my favorite songs. Thanks alot for sharing!

Pages: 1 11 replies