Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Blue Hawaii tki mug

Pages: 1 2 replies

I was watching this auction on ebay for the blue Hawaii super mug and am wondering was it suspect of conterfet or just too much mowlah & bad pics too? Was anybody else checkinh this? Thanks MTurtle

M
  • moonturtle wrote:
    I was watching this auction on ebay for the blue Hawaii super mug and am wondering was it suspect of conterfet or just too much mowlah & bad pics too? Was anybody else checkinh this?

No, I was not checking it. I had no idea it was on eBay until your post. Counterfeit? Nahh, not fake. Bad pics? Well, putting two close together like that is a bit confusing. For the rarity and desired price, one should have much better photos, for sure. That leads to price. Yes, way too high of a starting bid, in my uneducated and Forbidden Island cocktail-o-rama mindedness. A Tiki Bob Elvis is, in eBay terms, a $500 mug at best. It could go for more, but one really limits the action with a big opening bid amount. Scares away too many bidders. Auctions are based on bids, get 'em started or pay the consequences.

It's a nice mug, a re-list at a reasonable opening bid would get it sold, and for a nice price.

the oracle at midnite

Thanks for the reply midnite.
I was wondering what was up when nobody bid on it.
Is the Fordidden Island your place I need to get ovet and check it out missed the opening, thanks Jeff

Pages: 1 2 replies