Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Pono Kai Resort Demo Reel VHS

Pages: 1 0 replies

Aha, now this is very interesting. Well, to me it is. I am planning on making my Pono Kai Resort demo reel available for sale. This is something I acquired a while back, it is a video designed to sell the resort to interested customers.

I have a fondness for demo tapes, and this one is pretty neat. The announcer has a pleasingly confident yet robotic voice.

No copyright date on the tape, but it appears to be from the mid-80's--I would say probably 1985 is a good guess. No tikis are shown but there is lots of manicured tropical paradise, images of beautiful natural streams and waterfalls, and general vacationers' stuff. It's pretty cool and has an assortment of music mixed into the soundtrack, library tracks mostly, with an emphasis on exotica and cheesy disco (the "Charlie's Angels" theme is even used at one point!). It comes in a special box with a sort of mini-brochure attached. The box is well worn but the video still plays fairly well! And it is certainly a step back into the past; not the distant past, but distant enough to be nostalgic.

I have only one. If anybody would dig such a thing, I will gladly put it on Ebay.

Pages: 1 0 replies