Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Polynesian Culture Festival, May 20-21, 2006 - Fort Lauderdale

Pages: 1 9 replies

From the Broward County Website:

The Polynesian Culture Association is hosting its third annual Polynesian Cultural Festival on May 20 & 21, 2006. The Festival will be held at Easterlin Park in Oakland Park, Florida.

"The mission of the Polynesian Culture Association (PCA) is to preserve, promote, and share the culture of the Polynesian people. The PCA will sponsor and participate in social and educational opportunities that will increase people's knowledgte and understanding about the Polynesian land and people. This will develop a positive image for Polynesians... particularly for those who live in the state of Florida. The PCA will also offer assistance in higher educational opportunities, i.e. provide scholarships and help secure tuition grants."

For more information on the Polynesian Culture Association contact: Tama Leao at (954) 938-9010.

This is the third year for this event and this year should be the best. If nothing else, it is in May so it shouldn't be drop-dead hot at the park as in years past...... And, if nothing else, go for the food! --Chip

More details at:

http://www.broward.org/parks/polynesian.htm

http://www.polynesiancultureassociation.com/festival.html

But then again, we've already started to get the cook on the sidewalk style heat in the daylight hours.

P

This sounds really fun.
I've got a fishing promise made to my bro-in-law about that time and he lives in Ft. Lauderdale.

Hmmmm. I need to hear some drums and flail on the uke.

H
Helz posted on Wed, May 3, 2006 12:05 PM

Sounds like a great time. Rita and I are definitely planning on being there!

Bump! Its this weekend!!!
Who is going on what day?

P

heckarino.
I gotta work this weekend.

I'm supposed to go down there on gulp Memorial Day weekend.
Yeah, the water should be really primed with fuel about then. Blecch.

MaiKaiMaiKaiMaiKai!!

H
Helz posted on Thu, May 18, 2006 10:54 AM

Rita and I are planning on going on Saturday. We don't have a time in mind as of yet, but hopefully we'll be able to see folks.

We will see you guys on Saturday.

Pablus, too bad you can't make it. I was going to sneak in a camel-back of Mai-Tai's just for you!

And, for those of you who are going, when you see the Poi on the menu.... Unless you really know what poi is and is supposed to taste like, and like it... Don't. Trust me.

P

You have to have poi with poke salad or some fruit or some chicken.
Dat's da kine.

And if it's white - it ain't right. Gotta be pale purple or tan to be the real thing.
Dang - I'll be thinking of you guys and all that cool culture and sun and surf while I'm sitting in a chair tomorrow in front of a computer screen. sigh I keep thinking independent wealth would be the perfect job for me.

http://www.makanalive.com/

Go to this site and scroll to the bottom and check out a video of Makana's version of the "Poi Song."

[ Edited by: pablus 2006-05-19 10:06 ]

One day left. Looks like I'm going early Sunday before I have to run to work. Anyone else up for it?

Pages: 1 9 replies