Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Destruction has begun

Pages: 1 5 replies

C

The rains are over (hopefully) here in NorCal, and its time to get to work.

The transformation of the backyard has begun.

First order of biz was clearing the suburban jungle. I played the Harvester of Sorrow with the chainsaw and removed all unwanted and non-tropical foliage (I never liked the peach tree anyway).

Now its off to Home Depot to buy a jack hammer to take out the horrid used brick BBQ and border around the pool. A long pry bar will be used to pry up the old redwood deck planks (anyone want some free wood and bricks :D ? ).

Deck removal should take a week or so, then I'll use the jack hammer to chip up cement and make trenches for the water/power/gas lines and run them out to the future sites of the Reginold Hornstien Memorial Pig Roasting Pit and the sacred site of the Mt. Eubangie volcano show.

Anyone want an old Hot Tub? Works great !!! Its HUGE, works great. $100 or equal value in tropical foliage or booze, YOU HAUL.

Pics to come tonight.

[ Edited by: Choptop 2006-05-03 08:31 ]

M
McTiki posted on Wed, May 3, 2006 8:46 AM

Welcome to TC Chop! This is dejavue for me. It's alot of work, but, it does end and it is worth it. If you need any advice or input, these boards are full of experience and wisdom. welcome again. Oh, get some pics on here ASAP or you'll be banned.

(JK lol)

McTiki

C

Here are a couple of pics I had on my computer ar work...

more to come...

this is one of the corners I'll be redoing. The brick BBQ will go, the hot tub and deck will go. the area behind the BBQ will be planted in grass, the blue shed will eventually go (it will just be pushed back for now, until the garage extension can be built). The dirt under the deck will be leveled and cement poured over it, making room for an open walled casita where the picnic table is now. I'll then texture and tint the cement pool deck. The pig pit will go under the orange tree in the back corner.

this fence is now gone. The brick border is the next to go. Grass will replace all this.

different view of the same area. Half of the orange tree is now gone. The part with the tangelo's on it is history. you couldnt eat them (very bitter), hence the fruit still on the tree. it was grafted on, now its chainsawed off. The garage extension (the next project) will house the Corvair and two BWM motorcycles peaking out from behind the shed.

C

I'd also love to whack the little japanese maple, its right in the way... But TheSuperModel (my s.o.) wont hear of it. She loves that damn tree. She dont ask for much, so when she does, I listen. Dern it.

S

60 or 61 Corvair?

C

63 Convertable. Red ext, white top, white seats, red carpet/dash/doors. Very cool car. Had it in the family since I was about 3 years old. Doing a full resto on it. Its been sitting for over 20 years.

Pages: 1 5 replies