Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

TIki Island Shrimp

Pages: 1 0 replies

I

I came across a new food brand - Tiki Island Shrimp, that has recently been announced by a food company named Ocean Cuisine International.

From the company website ....
" Tiki Island Shrimp(tm) is our new Ocean Cuisine line of island inspired shrimp that delivers the taste of the tropics for your customers. We scoured the South Seas for these on-trend products that include authentic island spices and fruits like mangoes and papayas, for a big island taste escape!

Our easy-handling shrimp skewers are made from real sugar cane, adding a playful zest to the presentation of island spice, rum, or plain shrimp skewers. And our tropical fruit breaded shrimp are mouth-watering combinations of real pieces of exotic fruit with delicious seasonings."

More information can be found on their current press release page - articles about Tiki Island shrimp and their new Tiki Island Wonton Shrimp are there now http://www.oceancuisine.com/Production/OceanCuisineUSA.nsf/OC_Page_Story.html?readform

What makes the above interesting is that Ocean Cuisine International is the same company that makes the Margaritaville line of shrimp (jammin jerk shrimp, island lime shrimp, calypso coconut shrimp, paradise cocktail shrimp) I am somewhat fascinated that the marketing people felt the need to create the new Tiki Island brand .... perhaps they realize there are tiki people who might be turned off by the Margaritaville connection?

Vern

Pages: 1 0 replies