Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

80 Drums Around the World

Pages: 1 3 replies

B

Does anyone know anything about this act? "Caravan" on MONDO EXOTICA is listed in the credits as being "previously unreleased." Now, were they a band on Capitol in the '60s? Were they on Liberty or some other subsidiary that Capitol nows owns the catalogue of? That song was unreleased, but did they EVER release an album or any singles of other Exotica?

I ask, because their version of "Caravan," as we all know, is mindblowing. And we all get a jonesin' for more on record from time to time.

TJ

There are also other songs by them on the Ultra Lounge series.

They do a great version of Istanbul (Not Constantinople). The song is edited with Joe "Fingers" Carr's version of the same song. This edited together tune is available on the Space Capades CD Ultra Lounge Vol. 3.
They also do another edited version. This time two of their songs put together. It's on Ultra Lounge 9 Cha Cha D'Amor. It's Dark Eyes/It Happened it Monterey. Another great one..or two..or 2 halves.

I have never heard any other tunes by them or come across their album anywhere.
They are mentioned on All Music.com. But, they have no info on them.

Hope that helps.

B

The plot thickens...

I remember I spent more time than I should have Googleing that name one day and, aside from those two songs, I came up empty too.

Pages: 1 3 replies