Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mai Kai - Goodbye Mua - we love you...

Pages: 1 12 replies

For all of you that have been to the Mai Kai for the past 25 or so years and have had the pleasure of witnessing the performances of the dinner show and the mini shows in the Molokai, we all know Mua and how he has touched all of us. Mua has now left the Mai Kai due to health reasons and joined his daughters in Los Angeles. It's a sad time here in Lauderdale as we lose an amazing person, musician and a part of history - but, we wish you all the luck and love in this world. I will be printing the responses that are posted here and will send the to Mua in LA.

Mua, I will miss you and I love you.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-05-06 08:47 ]

Mua's voice is simply irreplaceable..and the man was so nice he was like being in the prescence of the Buddah. Him retiring is like the end of an era...

P

Mua was GLAD to be there and it showed.
His presence brought enthusiasm, credibility and kindness to all of the performances and in fact, to the entire establishment.

I believe his son was playing music at the Mai Kai, as well, and if true - speaks volumes about the man.

Hope the dry air and getting back to the Pacific increases your health, Mua.
May you live in happiness and peace for a long time.

[ Edited by: pablus 2006-05-06 00:07 ]

Mua! Mua! Mua!

We love you Mua, and we will miss you. Enjoy the pacific, and the kids, and think of us once in a while. We will think of you each and every time we are in the Molokai bar.

S
Swanky posted on Sat, May 6, 2006 1:56 PM

What Pablus said. Mua had such a quiet, pleasant. He was glad to see everyone and loved to play for us. He was a fixture of the Mai Kai for me. A happy familiar face. I'll miss his presence and guitar and lovely voice.

I had the pleasure of listening to Mua in mid-January this year,waiting in the Molokai bar for the dinner show. My Producer and crew members enjoyed his music and he truly set the tone for a successful evening.
It was my first time back at the Mai Kai in 15 years...I know now that Mau made the place special and he will be truly missed.
Mau may you enjoy a peaceful and happy life with your daughters...Aloha Nui!

PI

Mua is an icon! I'll miss his smooth voice and his lovely presentation of all things Polynesian. LA is lucky!

Mua was the voice of the Mai Kai. He was the embodyment of the style of music he played, and was the anchor for the music there. His guitar playing, as well, deserves mention. He will truly be missed. We wish him good health and happiness, and LA should recieve him warmly.

A little off topic, but is Mua planning on working out here in Hoity-Toity Land? Prehaps King Kukulele could convince him to perform at the occasional Tiki Taix?

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-05-08 14:20 ]

I only had the pleasure of hearing you, Mua, at the last 2 Hukilaus. I am sad indeed that I will not be seeing/hearing you perform again this fall :(

But being with your family is always the best thing.
Enjoy SoCal! I know the SoCal gang will enjoy having you nearby. (And they will drag you onstage, given the chance!!)

alice b

I believe Mua is retiring completely. I'll definitely pass on King's contact information to him just in case.

Mua, should you ever read this, I feel it has been a pleasure to watch you perform. Your musical skill is greatly appreciated and will be missed. Sending you the best wishes for this new chapter in your life.
:drink:

Pages: 1 12 replies