Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Post Your Tiki Oasis 6 Pictures here

Pages: 1 34 replies

We had a fun time at the "new" Oasis. I'm sure some of us out there would agree it's not the Tropics. It was still fun and real good times. Those Mai Tais at the Bali Hai. WOW!!!! Look Out!! Room 1703 - Rocks!!!!

It was good to see old and meet new tiki friends. Thanks everyone for a good weekend party.

Here's the link to check out some pictures:

http://www.biffinc.com/tikioasis2006/tikioasis2006.html

Somewhere on your journey don't forget to turn around and enjoy the view.

[ Edited by: goddess-sun 2006-05-08 20:23 ]

[ Edited by: goddess-sun 2006-05-09 06:34 ]

[ Edited by: goddess-sun 2006-05-09 06:51 ]

Great pics goddess-sun. Thanks!

CA

what? no pics of fri "night"???????

thanks for great post

C

Well I plowed through my 120 plus pictures between long naps and drinkin' gallons of water and managed to get a "best of" slide show up on my blog. Steer your browser over to Barefoot Bloggin' too take a peek. If you want to see any of the pics bigger just click on them. Use the "-" and "+" to control slide show speed. A special Oasis Podcast is getting uploaded in a little bit. Keep your eye on the tiki music forum to see when it available or check Coconutwired.com in an hour or so. Then back into the van for the last leg of what was an amazin' trip through So Cal.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

nice slide show chongo

Great slide show. It was great talking with you at the Oasis.

H

Thank for the pix Goddess-sun! Remember me? I was at the Bali Hai encouraging you to get closer for those amazing shots of the Martini Kings in action! ...I'm also glad to see somebody went to oldtown for Cinco de Moai!

Chongo, I just emailed your slideshow to a friend who couldn't make it. Some nice pix of Ona & Moki's pre party too! What a backyard paradise they have.

Just went back and looked again. Can't get enough of the great photos!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-10 09:29 ]

CA

what the hell???? i think very person with a camera was too
Sh-t Faced buy 11:00 Fri Night.... and hanging out with Biff back stage.... LongIsland Iced Mai Tai anyone??

are there no shots of Ape Fri Night???? i need some documentation.....

My ohana Eric The Red took some pix of a half naked tiki carver on stage Friday. I'll see if I can get 'em for ya Al.

On 2006-05-10 10:58, crazy al wrote:
what the hell???? i think very person with a camera was too
Sh-t Faced buy 11:00 Fri Night.... and hanging out with Biff back stage.... LongIsland Iced Mai Tai anyone??

are there no shots of Ape Fri Night???? i need some documentation.....

I got pix of you Friday night!!! Will get them to you as soon as I get my sh*t together!

I so far havent seen any evidence of this so called backstage pass "out" your talking about Al :wink:
What's with this Baracho dedication, i was just heavily into your music at that moment and
was soo over whelmed I needed to meditate on the magical sounds from the stage....
Plus i had a better view of the crowd..... nudge nudge wink wink

[ Edited by: biffachu 2006-05-10 12:02 ]

Check this out....

Sand Devils-Oasis 2006

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-05-10 12:19 ]

CA

Biff! yuz have #1 fan spot till next gig!!!!!!!!!
CATALINA???????
" Hey EL Baracho?... Your asleep on the Pl-ya again..."
mmmm.....sand goood....

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-05-10 12:20 ]

On 2006-05-10 12:17, Monkeyman wrote:
Check this out....

Sand Devils-Oasis 2006

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-05-10 12:19 ]

Sand Devils ROCK !! Great job MONKEYMAN !

Friday night.... gettin hot and heavy!

And a little moist...

Frank lettin his fingers do the talkin!

It was so crazy, my lil Al Tiki snuggled in for a little R&R...

In the evening, we settle in and watch the video of that night. It makes me.... happy. That's it. Happy! Sheesh!

Great job Chongo, Monk and Hau 'oli Tiki.
THANKS!

I am new to tikidom. I fell into it pretty hard. I've had the same living room for ten+ years. I've wanted a bar on the patio.
It has been about one month and I have a couch, two chairs, tables a bar on the way. All bamboo. Three tikis are already placed, new plants are on the patio, tiki mask is hiding the dryer vent with the blower exiting its mouth.
My "Tiny Bubbles" album is already mounted. I also have The Don Ho Show and Don Ho Again! And a South Pacific mounted.
At Oasis 6 I picked up two *DEREKs and the big Atomic Rum by Horne and a Heather Watts and coasters. And some Martini Kings.
Already blew through two Pyrat XOs and a wray & Nephew.

Here are the some pics. They are a little bleary. Well, maybe it was me!?

AH, NUTS! I GOTTA GET THEM UPLOADED SOMEREWHERE ELSE FIRST.
I'll try my friend Flickr.
Erik the Red

Whew! Just walked in the door back from SD. Nice work on the pics (although I haven't even had a chance to check them ALL out yet... working on it...) Three cheers to Otto & Baby Doe for planning yet another fantastic event!

On 2006-05-10 18:42, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
I am new to tikidom.... Erik the Red

Welcome aboard bruddah (finally). Like the old Dead Heads in MB used to say its not important when you got on the bus, but that you got on at all!

Damn. I figured you pick Eric The Red as your screename! Go to Tiki Central Ohana and say howdy to the gang.

Hey did you find anything good at Sharks the other day? - Hodaddy

A Trader Vic Big Shot in green for less than a #1 at Ichiban.:D

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 10, 2006 7:49 PM

Stop the chit-chattin and post those pics....

MD

Lots and lots of video to follow soon... here are a few of the only stills....

Hapa Haole Hostess

Atrium

Koi

The King and Al

D

The Rongorongo Room, South!

we were Matt Reese's first customers!

i bought a Munktiki Coconut Mug and a Coconut

thats all the pix i have of Oasis..

C

I'm remembering back to this time last week....happier times...

My Favorite Bar in San Diego...
Where Everybody knows your name...

Onatiki's Tiki..pretty cool!

TikiSooze & Cyntiki

Energizer Bunny Award goes to Tikitat and Best Supporting Role to Tsunami Shawn

Room party as viewed from the Peacock Cafe

I'm thinking Tiki Time Shares.....Commune....Retirement Community!!

We wouldn't have made it through the weekend with out this place

TikiSooze & KikaAkua atop the Double Decker Bus on our way to the Bali Hai

Tedtiki & Savage Patty who followed us to every room crawl by arriving 5 minutes before us.....

Cyntiki & Bealza-Elvis

The Mysterious Ookoo sipping a PiPhiRho original

Onatiki

Great pix guys! Can't we do it again this weekend?

On 2006-05-10 11:54, biffachu wrote:
I so far havent seen any evidence of this so called backstage pass "out" your talking about Al :wink:
What's with this Baracho dedication, i was just heavily into your music at that moment and
was soo over whelmed I needed to meditate on the magical sounds from the stage....
Plus i had a better view of the crowd..... nudge nudge wink wink

[ Edited by: biffachu 2006-05-10 12:02 ]

I found this picture out there on the inter-web......

Biff Rocks!!

HIGH FIVE BEN!!!! BIFF DOES ROCK!!!!!

Sweet Jeezus that's funny! How long was he out? Nice "Elvis" Matt...Thankyouuuverramuch!

B

When i said there was no evidence, you didn't have to get all CSI on me...
Ok Ok, maybe i rocked a lil too hard that nite :wink: , I blame ape & the bali hai drinks
Glad my adoring fans were able to be with me in a fine oasis memory that i fondly don't remember

Thanks for the warning the next day, Ben....

[ Edited by: biffachu 2006-05-12 08:01 ]

The Mr decided to announce to all present during one of the room Rum-a-thon's (can't remember which) that he LOVED TikiTat and he was gonna steal her from Shawn!! They have this German synergy thing going, I guess. I have never heard 2 drunks discussing politics so animatedly and with such passion! Had to keep my eye on him. Hands in view at all times, buddy!!
Tikitat: He wants to know if you'll be joining the crew on Catalina Island? I remind him...we are BOTH married!! Crazy rum sodden Kraut!
Tsunami Shawn: I would like to know if you ever got your coconuts fixed. Sounds serious! The one coconut reeked of rum all weekend!!
(See said coconut in background of evidence photo #7 depicting the Mr's cockeyed, besotted revelry.)

O
Otto posted on Fri, May 12, 2006 6:37 PM

for photos check out Noel's site that he posted fotos to in somewhat real time

tikiblog.com

On 2006-05-12 18:37, Otto wrote:
for photos check out Noel's site that he posted fotos to in somewhat real time

http://tikiblog.com

Wow! Hundreds of great shots!

C

That pic of Biff, backstage and under the table, just made my day. The entire picture is really a classic and a separate crop and blow up of Otto would be outrageous. This is a perfect Tiki Oasis VII promotional picture!!

On 2006-05-12 08:19, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
The Mr decided to announce to all present during one of the room Rum-a-thon's (can't remember which) that he LOVED TikiTat and he was gonna steal her from Shawn!! They have this German synergy thing going, I guess. I have never heard 2 drunks discussing politics so animatedly and with such passion! Had to keep my eye on him. Hands in view at all times, buddy!!

It was during Ran's Keelhaul time, and it wasn't just shared Germanic origins (Ich war im Wiesbaden geboren) but there was other personality based synergisms going on there, plus your husband & TikiTat are both really nice people.

Pages: 1 34 replies