Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Rogue Distillery Oregon Rum

Pages: 1 0 replies

I was talking to a coworker and he said that he got a postcard from the Eugene City Brewery that said they had a tiki room (I'll check that out later). Anyway I went to the website (Rogue Brewery) and couldn't find anything about the tiki room but I did see some breaking news about a couple of rums that they've made the last few years even though I haven't heard of em. They should be available in the portland area so I have another reason to go up and visit. Below is the snippet from their website (http://www.rogue.com/news-events.html)

"Rogue Spirits: Whote and Dark Rum are distilled at the Rogue Distillery and Public House in Portland by Kieran Sienkiewicz--Oregon's one and only Rum Distillery. Packaged in an award winning 750 ml bottle, Rogue Spirits: White and Dark Rums are available for sale at select retailers. For details and availability, contact Brett Joyce at 503-241-3800 or email [email protected]

Rogue Spirits: White Rum features pirate Jean Lafitte on the label and won a Bronze medal at the 2003 International Rum Festival in St Johns, Newfoundland; and a Bronze at the 2004 International Review of Spirits. NY Magazine's review states Rogue Spirits: White Rum is "a full-bodied rum with a bite to match, from Oregon, of all places. The clear scent belies a charcoal flavor and tingly aftertaste that serious drinkers will appreciate.
Tastings.com describes Rogue Spirits: White Rum" as: "Clear with a faint straw cast. Jumbled cotton candy and lower alcohol aromas are prosecco-like. A soft brisk entry leads to a dryish light-to medium-bodied palate with butter cream, peppery spice... Finishes quickly with a hot, peppery, vanilla fudge fade. An unusual assortment of flavors that might add a radical twist to conventional cocktails." Rogue Spirits: White Rum received a score of 92 from Anthony Dias Blue in Patterson's Beverage Journal, "A lush, smooth Oregon-made rum with vanilla, spice and creamy texture; rich and intense."

[ Edited by: sporkboyofjustice 2006-05-09 14:33 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies