Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Sand Devils- VIDEO from Tiki Oasis 2006

Pages: 1 16 replies

For those of you who weren't able to make it to Tiki Oasis 2006 in San Diego here is a little teaser of the Sand Devils Performance behind the Bali Hai on May 5, 2006.

Sand Devils-Oasis 2006

Just a little sample of the footage I have for the Tiki Central documentary that I have been taping for the last 3 years.

Enjoy.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-05-10 12:40 ]

Nice work MM . What happend at the 2:56 minute mark. Am I missing something in the middel of that video.

Thanks for sharing.

P

Cool MM.
Thanks for that.

I see why Ran is able to shake his cocktail faster than the eye can see.
Must be the secret to his great signature drinks.

Great video. The Sand Devils sounded great! But how did you get so many different angles and shots in the course of that one song?

I will upload a shorter version tonight. I accidentally exported too much time. The end of the song is supposed to be the end of the video.

Aaron,

Multi angles with one camera is a secret ninja trick. It doesnt always work well but with instrumental music it was fairly easy.

Thanks monkeyman!

Nice Job MM! That was cool. Big Tiki Dude may need a kleenex to wipe the tears from his eyes after watchin' that. :D
Are we gonna see any other footage from the weekend anytime soon? Good to hang out with ya again.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2006-05-10 15:14 ]

more footage....

someday chongo ... someday

Bump,
so MM when we gonna see some more Sand Devils?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

come and finish the next 7 frames I need to carve and I will work on the video instead.

:)

Ok but I don't think the people will want to buy them after I get done :)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanx Monkeyman. For me the Sand Devils wuz the official kick-off for Tiki Oasis.

H

Odd that I would notice this bump while drinking my personal attempt at a Reverb Crash!

Thanks. The Sand Devils were the best part of Tiki Oasis for me.

M

this video is still active... go figure... it was fun

O
Otto posted on Sun, Nov 11, 2007 10:25 PM

Hey everyone - a very historic and well-done bit of Derek's footage can be found on the official DVD release of Tiki Oasis 6. Derek contributed his footage of Bosko's tour of The Islands (now demolished) and the Hanalei hotel (aka Crowne Plaza San Diego)

On 2007-11-09 20:43, Monkeyman wrote:
this video is still active... go figure... it was fun

Derek, thanks for bumping this,
I was not able to watch before as I didn't have hi speed internet then.
that brings back great memories.

great work man,
and to the sand devils too.
hope to see them at Oasis again.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 16 replies