Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Wanna Trade?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Dig it... I just read about a cat trading a red paperclip for a house and decided it seemed like a pretty easy way for me to get my hands on a Munktiki Trader Mort's mug.

Now I don't actually own a red paper clip but I've got a beautiul photo of red paperclip suitable for framing.

If you take a minute to look t the big picture, it's exactly like trading a tiny mug for a enormous house! A whole frickin' house! Damn this is a good deal! You could put all your other mugs in the house...except the Trader Morts... which would, you know... be at my house.

(Now, don't print the following image since that would be cheating.)

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/2005/07/one-red-paperclip.html

Dude, that paper clip is bent!

I have this great little thumb tack I'm willing to let go - for the right mug that is.

On 2006-05-10 20:22, stuckieshaft wrote:
Dude, that paper clip is bent!

That's just an optical illusion Stuckie, as is the paperclip itself. It is merely a two dimentional representation of a red paperclip.

Yo Ho!,

I'd be willing to trade you my "Personal Trader Morts Mug "( as seen below), but not for a Red Paper Clip.

If you can figure out a way to add 1 extra hour to each day, for the the rest of my life , 25 not 24, it's yours!!

Think of all that time you waste sleeping! Instead, hook yourself up to a veta vita vegamin IV and you'll gain, like, 6-8 hours a day!

M

On 2006-05-11 08:34, RevBambooBen wrote:
Yo Ho!,

I'd be willing to trade you my "Personal Trader Morts Mug "( as seen below), but not for a Red Paper Clip.

If you can figure out a way to add 1 extra hour to each day, for the the rest of my life , 25 not 24, it's yours!!

just do very boring things like reading this boring stuff and your days will feel like they have 27 hours. The problem Bamboo Ben is that your life is too exciting, that's why your days pass by fast :)

Ignore him Tikiwahine and Marika, he's just taunting me.

He knows I dropped my keys to the Timelord Control Booth in the koi pond at the Hanalei.

Maybe I'll send you this, Ben and you can have more time than you know what to do with!!

Yo Ho!,

... stop smoking...

... now gimme da mug...

On 2006-05-12 18:17, alohabros wrote:

Yo Ho!,

... stop smoking...

... now gimme da mug...

Stop smokin' pot!

F'in wanker!

On 2006-05-12 21:56, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2006-05-12 18:17, alohabros wrote:

Yo Ho!,

... stop smoking...

... now gimme da mug...

Stop smokin' pot!

F'in wanker!

I say KEEP SMOKIN POT with money you saved on mugs!!!

I have a great sepia picture of a aneurysm clamp I will trade.

On 2006-05-13 13:17, 99Nixons wrote:
I have a great sepia picture of a aneurysm clamp I will trade.

I don't wanna sound too anxious but...DEAL! The Red Paperclip pic is on the way, you lucky devil. Now then, who wants to trade a sepia picture of a aneurysm clamp for a Trader Morts mug?

Yo Ho!,

Ok Ben, you've got a couple of options....

a) Go west young man.

"When you’re traveling westwards, you have extra time you need to absorb, and the body’s natural mechanism is better at absorbing extra time. This was most clearly demonstrated to me on a wonderful trans-Atlantic cruise on the QE2 from Britain to the US. It was a five day and five night cruise , and we crossed five time zones, so each day was 25 hours instead of 24."

If you do all of your work on a boat heading west for the rest of your life - you're set!

b) Have a civil day.

"The Civil Day is commonly considered to be of 24 hours. But in many places in the more-or-less Temperate Zones, the Day is annually once of 23 hours (at the start of Summer Time) and once of 25 hours (finish of Summer Time)"

c) Convert and work from sunset to dark.

"The writings of the text of the Bible from the time of Moses, show that the day was understood to begin at evening and as we have seen, Atonement was kept from sunset to sunset (Lev. 23:32), being when the sun has set and it is dark or EENT. Jews presently keep from sunset to dark when they end the fast. Thus, there are approximately 25 hours in that day."

You have my address and don't forget to use lots of bubble wrap.

cheeky half

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2006-05-27 05:44 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies