Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Your wish is my command - Tikifish ornaments on Ebay!

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fishstique&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Please scroll past the vintage clothing spam (sorry) and check out the ornaments at the bottom. Pretty similar to last year - I have one more set to put up after this, and unless I get a crazy creative spurt, that's it. So get these while they're hot!

T

Oh yeah - before anyone else calls me on it - I finally had the 'nards to put the word SHAG in the title of one of my auctions, as Hanford suggested I do back in tha day - since I figured I had 3 very similar auctions, this would be the prefect time to prove or disprove the shag theory of Ebay marketing.

I still feel dirty.

Even if it DOES work, I'm not doing it again. I just wanted to know if the magic 'S' word really DOES drive sales up exponentially.

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Dec 11, 2002 2:31 PM

thoses are 2 cool!

T
S

I find it interesting, with one hour to go, your auction with "SHAG" in the title currently has the lowest bid.

T

Very strange! It's not what I expected at all. But thankfully, I am releived. I don't ever have to put SHAG in an auction title again! Experiment was successful, in that it proved using SHAG in the title is not necessarily the reason why things sell for more than other things.

But now, the mystery of the 50.00 bad art is still unsolved....

Your Tiki ornaments have found a good home. I think maybe only a very small percentage of people would buy them just for a "Shag" tagline. I like them 'cause they're way cool looking with great expressions, one of a kind, are hand crafted, and another way to enjoy Tikis. Thanks.

I got the last ones.
I got the last ones.
I got the last ones.
I got the last ones.

HAW HAW I am the lucky one

How to be agracious winner
by the baxdog

And I'm using the photo from eBay as festive wallpaper for my PC. It looks splendid.

Thanks Tikifish, and please don't send the copyright Mounties after me!

Trader Woody

I won't send the Mounties after you. I have them too busy right now massaging me with hot oils and fanning me with palm leaves.

It's all part of the benefits of being Canadian.

ALLRIGHT YOU TWO, GET A ROOM.

Pages: 1 10 replies