Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Don't look now

Pages: 1 3 replies

but the global economy is coming apart at the seams. If you have stocks move to cash and gold. If you have tiki mugs, fill them with rum. This is gonna get ugly; especially for owners of overpriced real estate.
Now who spent how much for what mug?

R
Rain posted on Sat, May 13, 2006 8:58 AM

haha, it's like hurricane preparedness for tikiphiles - fill the tub with rum instead of water!

P

Yeah, already here in Brandon the houses that shot up by 100 percent in value in about 2 years are beginning to create a house glut. No one is buying right now and so you've got a bunch of overpriced homes sitting vacant with some people paying 2 mortgages who once thought, "we'll sell it easily."

I'm happy in mine. It's got a nice bar.
What more could you want?

About the economy shutting down, I would say that certain areas will suffer but others will flourish. The service sector and entertainment industry will do OK. Wall St. might take a beating, maybe not.

I've already started commuting to work on a bicycle and intend to do a lot more riding this year for errands, etc.
We've got a decent garden going that is supplementing our food bill a little.

Now if I can just learn how to distill rum and make wine.

And if my electric gets shut off, there are always Tiki Torches and ukuleles.

You and Marian can stay with me, KG, if things get too hairy for you in Orlando.
We'll start a Tiki Commune.

Don't bring Flounder though, I'm afraid of him.

I hear ya KG.
We are now going further in debt for a swimmimng pool. Might as well live it up before I die. Big money rules, you play the game or you live under a bridge. I'm blown by the fact that if you try to lock in a rate, each time you apply for a loan, your credit score goes down. So you have to be careful before applying. They (Big Money) discourage shopping for money. Big Oil, Big Money, who needs enemies. Play the game, play the game.

Pages: 1 3 replies