Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new carving marq

Pages: 1 13 replies

P

just started this this weekend. i'm going to try it all with chisels up to the sanding part. looking for advice. it's always appreciated.

P

more progress:

G
GMAN posted on Mon, May 15, 2006 8:02 PM

Pdrake,

No advice needed. It looks like you have the situation well in hand. Have fun, carve safe, and push yourself to create a work that takes your skills to the edge. If you have fun, learn something, and come away from a project with better skills, what more can you ask for? Do your research and make sure you know where you're going before you get there. It's all cake man. Get out there and tear it up!

-Gman

B

PDrake, I'm with GMAN, I don't think you need advice, you have an excellent handle on where this guy is going.Keep shooting and posting those progress shots and If we see anywhere we can add some advice, I'm sure you will get it, buthe looks too good. Keep up the good work.

Advice Adschmise. You're as good as any of us, Drake..

P

thanks everyone. that really makes me want to continue. i have plans to put more detail in this than the others. carving the small stuff has taught me some lessons.

P

chisels is slow. i should invent a power chisel. it'd go faster.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, May 18, 2006 7:21 PM

Getcha a Foredom and use their power chisel. I likes it.....

-Gman

P

i have one. i was just kiddin'. i guess i'm using this to help learn the chisels.

Nice progress so far. I wouldnt mind getting a power carver. how tall is this one?

P

58"

B

One tiki at a time, thats the best way to learn the chisels and you're doing a great job with it. This one looks like he will dazzleeveryone.

Looking good PD!
It always excites me to see a relatively new carver start up on a new log.

P

here's a little update from today.

tried to do my best lakesurfer look.

Pages: 1 13 replies