Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Benzart's CoonTiki Project: students results in photos

Pages: 1 15 replies

8T

Attn: all Coon-Tiki alumni!!! PLEASE add your photos here so that Ben can see these all together! I took the liberty to assemble the few I have seen already.

Benzart shows us a few of the half done pieces prior to the event.

Tiki Lee's

Crazy Al

Swanky

Tikigap

Let's not forget these shots in Silverline's album! Many pics of us doing the hook knife excercise at the lodge.
http://f-stop.com/clients/Coon-Tiki

Here is mine (8FT Tiki)

Done carving & sanding

Stain & sealer completed. Here is Ben's side

My side.

Together.

I asked Ben to sign this at Coontiki and then I added my sig. next to his. I know a few others got theirs signed also and then added their names too. Great minds think alike! C'mon everyone let's get a complete album of the results here!!! Thanks! 8FT

I once was lost............but now I'm found

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2006-08-25 17:20 ]

Cool stuff... I work for a tattoomagazine and visits a lot of tattoo conventions where they sometimes do something called artfusion, a couple of artists are drawing with coal on a paper and after a couple of minutes you switch place with each other and continue, this makes the drawings very uniqe and odd when you mix styles. Those tikis reminds me a little of artfusion...

Man 8ft! You put a lot of time into yours . . and it turned out FANTASTIC! Mine's pretty sad. I worked on it between snapping pics that day and haven't touched it since. I think I'll leave it alone at this point. Yep, I gots mine signed as well! When was I EVER going to get that opportunity again?!

B

8Ft, you really did an Excellent job on your half of the BenZart Lesson piece, It came out Very Well. You took the time and it shows.
Silverline, yours came out very nice too. Not everyone spent the time like 8Ft did,so his is going to come out pretty slick. Yours was great for the time you worked on it and the Pictures you took really makes up for Anything else.
I think a Coon Tiki Album would be great.. C'mon guys, lets see all your stuff.

8T

I found another photo. Here is Kapu Kahiki's

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 16, 2006 7:56 PM

Man I wish I was there!

T

Heres mine. No finish yet.

B

TSkip, yours turned out great too, especially since you, too, were looking at the back of a camera most ofthe time. Nice joob and NICE Pictures. Big Mahalos to you and Silverline for preserving these moments for all to see. And Swank Also took a great bunch of pix, come to think of it, a Lot of guyz did, Thanks to you all..

M

Here is mine. Unfinished still, and sadly missing a tooth.

T

I think the missing tooth is good. Get Ben to remove one from the left side!

ok...i've been holding off until i had a sufficiently grainy picture....to hide my deficiencies
with small carving (not to mention big carving). Another excuse...I'm a lefty...which means
the Ben did the right side of this one

I think I saw a picture of Jake LaMotta once that looked like my half of the carving.

S

On 2006-05-18 15:28, congatiki wrote:
ok...i've been holding off until i had a sufficiently grainy picture....to hide my deficiencies
with small carving (not to mention big carving). Another excuse...I'm a lefty...which means
the Ben did the right side of this one

I think I saw a picture of Jake LaMotta once that looked like my half of the carving.

Zombie tiki...

B

Swank and Conga, Nice jobs Both of you. It is Not easy to become friendly with the hook blade and both of these turned out very well. I'm proud of you both. Hell, I'm proud of Everyone who got thru the seminar without major bloodshed.(Swank's nibble was a Minor tiki bite, thay were playing with him!)

8T

I Just found that Ben had this photo so I'm adding it here.
It was so hard to choose one to carve from this lineup I gotta tell ya!

B

I absolutely Love every one of those guyz. You have ALL Passed thge lesson with High marks. Thanks so much for keeping this thread alive. Hope you all learned your lessons well. I'm thinking about carving a bunch more lessons and offering them for sale.
Also I have a few resins of the benzart/c'al lesson.
Happyhappyhappy

Thanks for adding that last shot 8ft! It's cool to see MY Benzart carving lesson tiki BEFORE I got my grubby mits on it, still 100% Benzart.

Pages: 1 15 replies