Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Best Online Resources for Rum

Pages: 1 40 replies

Hello,

OK, I give up on Beverages and More. Can anyone suggest an online retailer for Demerara Rums?

Thank you!

Hi Time Wine
Pretty much THE place to get Lemon Hart and Lemon Hart 151.

BUT something seems to be amiss because they have a disclaimer on their website that they are not shipping spirits at this time. I hope all is well in their camp and that this is just a temporary dry spell for ordering. I'd be heartbroken if they cease to provide this serve for those of us in rum deficient states.

If you are looking for El Dorado of any aged numbers, I'm not sure what to recommend. We've been rather lucky to get 15 year somewhat locally in this part of Florida.

G

In lieu of Hi Time Wine, try http://www.wineandliquordepot.com/. Totally crappy web site (broken images everywhere), but very friendly people. Don't order on their site. Just call them up toll-free. They ship anywhere and the prices are very competitive with Hi Time Wine. I just called the other day for a shipment of Lemon Hart and St James. Once they have your credit card on file, all you have to do is call them, tell them who you are and what you want. That's it. Couldn't be easier.

S

Try Here
A few kinds of Demerara and Marschino Liqueur

G

On 2006-05-17 09:32, Swanky wrote:
Try Here
A few kinds of Demerara and Marschino Liqueur

Nice selection, but sheesh they're expensive. Some examples: Lemon Hart ($21.23 vs $16.89 at Wine And Liquor Depot) and St James Hors D'Age ($33.88 vs $21.59). Shipping seems to be roughly the same. But it's nice to have multiple sources.

On 2006-05-17 08:56, GatorRob wrote:
In lieu of Hi Time Wine, try http://www.wineandliquordepot.com/. Totally crappy web site (broken images everywhere), but very friendly people. Don't order on their site. Just call them up toll-free. They ship anywhere and the prices are very competitive with Hi Time Wine. I just called the other day for a shipment of Lemon Hart and St James. Once they have your credit card on file, all you have to do is call them, tell them who you are and what you want. That's it. Couldn't be easier.

It's curious they don't mention the size anywhere. I'm assuming those a 750 ml. prices(?) I guess that's why you have to call.

G

On 2006-05-19 03:59, pappythesailor wrote:

On 2006-05-17 08:56, GatorRob wrote:

It's curious they don't mention the size anywhere. I'm assuming those a 750 ml. prices(?) I guess that's why you have to call.

Yes, they're 750 ml. Like I said, crappy website.

On 2006-05-16 21:17, I dream of tiki wrote:
Hi Time Wine

Florida is a "Distributor State" so Hi Time is not supposed to ship wine or spirits into Florida. They have, and they probably will again, but for now they are not an option for those of us in Florida.

You mentioned that you are in BevMo country, try chatting up the manager of your local BevMo. It may take some work, but usually you can talk a manager into ordering a few bottles of something 'different.' It helps if you are already considered a 'regular' by the staff.

Anyone tried these guys? I like their prices.

http://www.bevmo.com

Try these guys.they are just down the road from me.
http://www.internetwines.com/

Over and out.
Donny

I use Pop's, they always have a good selection and their prices are great

http://www.popswine.com/

Amy

H

Hi Time Wine

BUT something seems to be amiss because they have a disclaimer on their website that they are not shipping spirits at this time.

According to their website, Hi Time Wine is now shipping again! But only within California...

T

http://www.Internetwines.com is the BEST! I place an order and two days later it's here.

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Jun 8, 2006 5:27 PM

According to their website, Hi Time Wine is now shipping again! But only within California...

I just learned that the hard way. Yesterday I placed an order for 2 bottles of St. James Extra Old but they sent an email saying "Sorry...." What am I gonna do now? A summer without mai tais just isn't right.

:drink: :(

G

On 2006-06-08 17:27, Kenike wrote:

I just learned that the hard way. Yesterday I placed an order for 2 bottles of St. James Extra Old but they sent an email saying "Sorry...." What am I gonna do now? A summer without mai tais just isn't right.

There are plenty of other online places to order St James from. Just look through this thread. St James Extra Old is available from my online supplier.

K
Kenike posted on Fri, Jun 9, 2006 1:24 PM

On 2006-06-09 08:50, GatorRob wrote:

On 2006-06-08 17:27, Kenike wrote:

There are plenty of other online places to order St James from. Just look through this thread. St James Extra Old is available from my online supplier.

The only place I found it was Wine and Liquor Depot...but holy cow! $31.99?? That's a bit steep. I might try my local liquor store to see if they can order me some.

St. James Royal Amber seems to be pretty easy to find...anyone ever use it in a mai tai?

D

Try http://www.liquorama.net I have only used them for beer, but they do carry spirits. You may have to call them to get a spirits list. Anyway, they have never had a problem shipping beer to me in Florida. I found out about them on ratebeer.com. You can read customer reviews about them there: http://ratebeer.com/Place/california/upland/liquoramanet/3841.htm

S

With Lemon Hart no longer being imported to the US, we need to start looking overseas for sources. I have a bottle or two of the 151 in the bar I think. It will last a summer maybe.

I have found this place in the Bigbro speaking country. Shipping to the US is 36 euros ofr a bottle. Anyone know A) of other places to order Lemon Hart and B) just how it works to send liquor? I mean, I can't have it shipped from California to Tennessee, but can it coem from Germany to TN, or does the same law apply?

What!?! No more Lemon Hart? I hate this country!

RB

With Lemon Hart no longer being imported to the US

Can someone in the know confirm this?

T

Just tried to order rums from your site Swanky.
It did not take. I emailed them to see if they could help.
love Lemon Hart, But they Have Havana Club!
I will let you know what they say.
We Could go in on some rum.
You will be at the Hula Hop.

T

Just heard back from Swankys web site people.
A bottle of Lemon Hart gold.
Plus one bottle of Havana Club 7 yr Anejo
Is $102.50 to Ohio.
Half of that is shipping.
We need a plan B.

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Mar 9, 2007 7:16 PM

I found those guys via Ebay, where they have a bottle of Lemon Hart 151 for $2 right now. With shipping, it ends up still being about $40. Can we get it in the Carribean? That would be easier. Bring back bottle from there. Someone we know is going there.

On 2007-03-09 11:45, Rum Balls wrote:

With Lemon Hart no longer being imported to the US

Can someone in the know confirm this?

Where does this info come from Swanky? This is the first I heard of it, and if true would be deserving of its own thread. I'm sure there are places around the country with it still in stock, but supplies will dwindle soon if it isn't being actively replenished. Crap... There isn't anywhere in Tucson that I know of to find Lemon Hart. I found my bottle of the 151 in Nevada.

Chris

S

I first heard about it last summer as I was looking online to buy a batch for my luau. All the regular online places had none and I ended up calling around and found little and was told then that it wasn't being imported. Made sense with the scarce supply. I finaly found a few bottles on a shelf in Californai and got those. I looked around again recently and was told the same thing.

If anyone can say for sure otherwise, I tend to believe it is true. It seems to be out of stock everywhere. If anyone sees it on the shelf at their local liquor store, they should ask about it and then we'll know better.

S

Tried a new search on Froogle an dgot two hits:

winexwine.com shows 151

and Wine Delight which only ships to California.

Through Yahoo, where it used to be in many store, it is now only in Spirit Merchants

Hard to guess. It is certainly much harder to get now than it was two years ago.

Q

I can't verify this, but the local liquor store says El Dorado is no longer distributed in the states either. What's going on here? Has the government declared Demerara Rum the new Absynthe or is there just not a big enough market for the stuff?

R

The county I live in (Montgomery) is an oddity in Maryland because the liquor stores here are all run by the county. Fortunately the closest one to our house has a pretty good manager who's pretty responsive to customer requests. Anyway, local supplies here do not seem to be drying up at all - they actually seem very well stocked as of late. Will check with the boss next time I'm in - he's pretty knowledgeable.

Hope this isn't the case, though...

Cheers,
Rupe

Nah, plenty of El Dorado here in the Northeast -- I bought 3 bottles of the 15 year old at Bottle King because I love it so much. It makes such a delicious Mai Tai that I wanted to lick the glass!

dropped an email to the distiller company listed on the nc abc, Pernod Ricard. I also checked the website and found no listing for the product on their website. I have been trying for months to get a special order of these products, but no answer. Maybe the parent company has info.

S

I did a more exhaustive online search yesterday. Evidence points to no Lemon Hart anywhere at all, but El Dorado is available. I did not know until yesterday they made a 151. That's good. But El Do is still hard to find. I did see the 5, 12 and 15 Y.O. stuff in stock though.

[ Edited by: swanky 2007-03-14 12:44 ]

G

I'm almost reluctant to do this for fear of drying up my own supply, but I just love you guys so much...

I just called Wine & Liquor Depot in Van Nuys and they've got Lemon Hart Demerara ($16.89) and 151 ($22.99) in stock and will ship it to you. They have heard of no supply problems. I went ahead and restocked ahead of the rush, so have at it.

888-622-1414

[ Edited by: GatorRob 2007-03-14 14:42 ]

Thanks Rob!
Wine and Liquor Depot did a great job!
Fast shipping! Got mine in 6 days.

Hi Time Wine

BUT something seems to be amiss because they have a disclaimer on their website that they are not shipping spirits at this time. I hope all is well in their camp and that this is just a temporary dry spell for ordering. I'd be heartbroken if they cease to provide this serve for those of us in rum deficient states.

I called Hi-Time to ask what gives. They said something about shipping insurance--like the shippers wouldn't insure booze. Its probably something to do with state laws. Too bad, they are a fantastic source.

T

You can get Havana Club to your door here http://www.extreme-trading-shop.com/
It will take a while 26 days to Ohio.
And they are not cheap. But at least you know they will not rip you off.

I got a reply back(about a month later)... "Thank you for writing to Pernod Ricard USA and for your interest in Lemon Hart Rum. We are still distributing this product in the United States. We have located two retailers in North Carolina that carry our product."

One of the retailers is out and the other is about 4 hours away. It's available in nc, but i would have to order and pre-pay for a case at 179.00 usd for 6 or 12 bottles(i can't remember) and it would take at least a month. Either way it's good information from the head office(pernod) that it is still distributed.

Lemon Hart IN Vermont - Manchester.

On 2007-04-05 12:30, tikiskip wrote:

Can I ask a dummy question?

When they mark the item as 6x, does that mean (hopefully) 6 bottles? I don't mind paying a hundred bucks for 6 bottles of HC if I can get it... thanks so much for the info, BTW.

S

On 2007-05-31 08:46, whinylittlerunt wrote:

On 2007-04-05 12:30, tikiskip wrote:

Can I ask a dummy question?

When they mark the item as 6x, does that mean (hopefully) 6 bottles? I don't mind paying a hundred bucks for 6 bottles of HC if I can get it... thanks so much for the info, BTW.

I think you are right as they have a 1 liter price and then the 6 X price.

You can get Lemon Hart online HERE right now.

[ Edited by: Swanky 2007-05-31 08:58 ]

I do not know what the 6x is but I know it is not bottles.
6 bottles of Havana club for $100.00 bucks!
SIGN ME UP!
It is more like $50.00 dollars per bottle (750ml) to your door.

Hey Swanky that website does not ship outside of Canada.
What hosers eh!

On 2007-05-31 22:00, tikiskip wrote:
I do not know what the 6x is but I know it is not bottles.
6 bottles of Havana club for $100.00 bucks!
SIGN ME UP!
It is more like $50.00 dollars per bottle (750ml) to your door.

Hey Swanky that website does not ship outside of Canada.
What hosers eh!

They confirmed that I was ordering 6 bottles (6x), but the shipping for the 6 bottles was 49 EUR (68 bucks). And I just paid them too... it's probably 49 EUR PER BOTTLE! We'll have to make some changes to the order then - damn German language I don't understand :)

Pages: 1 40 replies