Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I can't belive it a tiki on Magnum P.I..

Pages: 1 10 replies

Channel Five (here in britain) are re-running Magnum, and first thing i was "Ah tiki spotting opertunities galore" but for some reason you never see a tiki, until today in the episode "Blood and Honor" (season 6 episode 10) where magnum searches a low rent hotel room and there is a tiki, a nice one two foot tall a cartoony looking Ku.

normally the makers of magnum avoid ever showing a tiki, which is strange coz the shows set in Hawaii.

You should keep watching. You'll spot more tiki's then you think. I posted a while back that I used to do housework and just keep it on - from the advice of a friend that was spotting them - and would see lots. There's an episode where he's having a fight in a hotel room with tiki lamps and tiki poles that he keeps knocking over! Ouch!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki KilikiThe World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-12-11 17:56 ]

ST

there's an episode where he has to guard a 'priceless' tiki belonging to Robin Masters on a cruise liner. Someone steals it and it turns out there are secret plans hidden in it or sumpn'.

Ah, something I am an EXPERT on!

There are many tikis in Magnum episodes! The one with the cruise liner is called "All Thieves On Deck" and guess stars Alan Hale of Gilligans Island.

A really great tiki episode is from the shows third season called "Ki'i's Don't Lie".
This was a cross-over episode with Simon & Simon "Emeralds Are Not A Girls Best Friend".
The episode chases a expensive tiki relec that is cursed. And also guess stars Morgan Fairchild BEFORE she started doing those stupid Old Navy commercials.

And of course, Magnum often frequented tiki bars and tourists establishments like in "Did You See the Sunrise?" where Magnum takes his date to a tourist luau with his friend Mack, who gets blown up in the Ferrari.
There were some tikis there - and other cool stuff.

I may have to get snowed in a couple of days and sit down and watch all of my episodes to do "tiki watch". But they are there!

Magnum pi & Miami Vice...was there any better way to waste your teenage years?

Aloha!
-C.

Found a subtle one today. "Almost Home" at 44 minutes. Two tikis as part of a parade float in the background.

PP

how funny! loking back, I lived in Hawaii in the 80s when they filmed Magnum PI, and forgot how horrible the clothes were and how short are shorts were!!
also noteworthy, the house of Robin Masters was on the big island, and then he would leave the gate and be in down town Honolulu

Actually, the Robin Masters estate was in Honolulu (Waimanalo). It's also currently for sale if anyone has deep pockets and really wants to live the Magnum experience: http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/#!/newsDetail/24636086

A

On 2014-04-24 07:17, Pele Paul wrote:
how funny! looking back... I forgot how horrible the clothes were and how short are shorts were!!

S**t, my Dad still wears those shorts :)

PP

On 2014-04-24 09:30, TikiTacky wrote:
Actually, the Robin Masters estate was in Honolulu (Waimanalo). It's also currently for sale if anyone has deep pockets and really wants to live the Magnum experience: http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/#!/newsDetail/24636086

my bad! we were told it was on a different island, maybe so we wouldn't go looking for it? lol. god knows, we tried following Tom Seleck when we saw him

On 2002-12-14 09:08, the75stingray wrote:

There are many tikis in Magnum episodes! The one with the cruise liner is called "All Thieves On Deck" and guess stars Alan Hale of Gilligans Island.

Magnum guards the Tiki.

Magnum meets the Skipper.**

Magnum saves the Tiki.

TC gets the Skipper in a headlock.

The End

The episode with the ki'i. Look what's in the background of the fancy art dealer's shop:

Our old friend, Suffering Bastard, sporting a brown suit!

Here's a couple other tikis from the same episode:

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-04-29 20:43 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies