Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Monkeyman Quickie

Pages: 1 20 replies

Hey folks. I didnt spend a ton of time on this one but its for me so I figured what the heck...

Its for a Derek Yaniger print I obtained at Oasis this year (Thanks *DEREK)

Tried to pull a few simple elements out of the peice and included some other yanigerisms as well. All done quickie style with a router (no carving). Luckily the print was the exact same size as the album cover frames that I have laying around.

H

Monkeyman you are the best.

Better than all the rest....

V

very very nice. I like it

That is awesome.

K

A quickie? Shooooooot. That's damn nice! I like how you pulled the elements from the print in.

H
hewey posted on Fri, May 19, 2006 7:22 AM

Nice man!

P

i love the beachcomber hat. i'd really like to see you use the router one day. it's pretty amazing.

We likey too!

B

How do you get a Masterpiece from a "Quickie"? Only when it's MonkeyMan! Definitely Sweet.

masterpiece schmasterpiece... I think not

It aint all THAT but I thought it would be a good glance here in creating.

thanks for the kind words as always... now back to the big guns.

Nice frame..love the style. Lotsa vintage mana..

Wow! I love that frame!

Amazing is all I can say.

Way to go Monk!

I likey, I might try one...what kind of paints/stains did you use?? I'd like to hear about the process.

Niiiiiiiiice work MM.

Good work Monk............

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 7:11 AM

Did not see this one before. I need to go out and get a work of art so that I can have you do a frame for me one day. Its its not for a all time, I will have to pull you out of retirement.

TD

man that is great! that is a professional frame right there. you have serious talent if that was a "quickie". good job and keep the talent comming. good luck in the future.

UB

On 2006-05-20 09:13, surfintiki wrote:
I likey, I might try one...what kind of paints/stains did you use?? I'd like to hear about the process.

How It's Done

Pages: 1 20 replies